Hi everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for making me feel welcome!

Joe, sorry to hear your weekend wasn't great. It would have been a good weekend to go diving here - all rainy and gloomy topside! The underwater world would have been much better!

I live in central Louisiana - near Alexandria. I was certified through the Water Habitat there - Jimmy Redfearin owns it. I don't know of any other divers around here other than Jimmy and his instructors- I usually try to contact him frequently to see if they are going on any dives that aren't too far off. Being a school employee makes me only free on weekends and holidays (like this week!) And of course summer! My last dive was this summer at Clear Springs Scuba park. My daughter dives also, but she doesn't get as much time off work as I do, and of course she has a husband (non diver so far) and two kids to take care of!! (getting older does have it's advantages!)

I am hoping to get to go somewhere this summer - I'd love to dive Cozumel - I only snorkeled there before. Also Bonnaire - actually, I'm not sure there is any place that isn't on my list!!!

I am leaving for Diamondhead Miss. tomorrow to spend T'giving with my cousin. She doesn't dive. I am going to try to get in touch with some divers/shops down there. Any suggestions???
Kathy

Hi divergalinla,

Welcome to Scubaboard! Keep posting, and I'm sure you'll find some others in La. that can join you for a dive or two. Don't worry about being a beginner......everyone here was a beginner at some point, and every time you go for another certification, you're a beginner all over again!

DSAO! (Dive safe and often)

divergalinla:
Well, after viewing your profile, and seeing that you rate yourself as an "average" diver, I surely am glad I put beginner!! :wink: I am new at message boards too, so I hope you all will give me a break while I figure out how to find my way around!
Joe kinda' caries that modesty thing a little far - for an Instructor! I've never had the pleasure of diving with him, but I know him thru our mutual Local Dive Shop (LDS), and here - and I think he's one of your humble hotshots.

Anyway- Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club fourms.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

SCUBAMedicBill:
You'll have a good time here. Lots of good info here and you'll meet a lot of good people. Get involved with a local dive club if time permits. This may increase your chances of getting some dive time.

Have fun.

Bill

hi divergalinla,

I will worn you to be cautious of the board: i've only been on for about a week now, and it is highly adictive. the members personalities are definitely variable and vibrant. it is a great place to learn, chat, and have a lot of fun. i've found that it is a good way to make the hours fly by.

p.s. SCUBAMedicBill has one of the best avatars around!

welcome to the board!!! Dont forget about ur profile!!

Aloha and welcome to the scubaboard! You will be able to research all kinds of cool diving stuff here. It's a great place to come during those long surface intervals!
Enjoy and have fun!

flatwood:
Welcome to scubaboard. I'm not too far from you. You'll have to join us in athens sometime.

I'd love to. I have been there once, this summer. Didn't see everything they had out there. Have you been to Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terral Tx? I like it too.
Those are good wkend trips - gotta keep up the skills! Do you belong to a group in your area? (just full of questions aren't I??lol)

:butterfly

Kathy

jnallen:
hi divergalinla,

I will worn you to be cautious of the board: i've only been on for about a week now, and it is highly adictive. the members personalities are definitely variable and vibrant. it is a great place to learn, chat, and have a lot of fun. i've found that it is a good way to make the hours fly by.

p.s. SCUBAMedicBill has one of the best avatars around!

I believe you! I mean what am I doing UP this early...and online..on a board!! I check this board out as much as i do my email! It's a great place - nice to meet people with common interests - even if 95% are young enough to be my children!! Why didn't I learn SCUBA sooner?? Gee, look how much of my life was wasted topside!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom