Hi everyone. Anyone from Pennsylvania?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was a cheap sale. I remember when yuengling was regarded about the same as exlax only more effective!

I think that's the regular old Yuengling PREMIUM...the lager is pretty good...

Are any of you PA guys available on July 4 for some diving in some of the eastern PA quarries?

My guess it the only one open is Dutch Springs??? Bainbridge didn't open last year for it's usual Wednesday night dive (bummer!) so I'm guessing that they won't this year...Not too familiar with Willow Springs schedule...(never dove there either)

I'm out of town this weekend unfortunately, I will only be wet because of the pool!

Hi,

I'm definitely interested in local diving in and around PA as well, and believe it or not, I've actually found quite a few places, although the visibility, etc. won't be anything like a resort... A bunch of the PA state parks offer diving, but you have to coordinate with the park ranger's office of that park beforehand. I've just recently moved back to PA from Virginia and am looking for some people to do some local diving, so if anyone might be going to Dutch Springs this weekend (19th), give me a shout at JHitchings@comanchetechnologies.com.

Jay

Howdy I'm a new diver from North western PA living right on Pymatuning Lake and close to Lake Erie

Yuengling is great, Pittsburgh is not. I agree that everything west of State College is either Northern West Virginia or Eastern Ohio. I am no longer from PA and glad. I got certified at Willow Springs and I've always enjoyed it more than Dutch. Dutch always seemed overcrowded and vis was rarely good. I always enjoyed late season dives there, though. I'm thinking of going to Willow or Dutch when in PA in September with a newly certified friend. One thing about PA, beside Yuengling, that I miss is the relative quick commute to the Thousand Islands.

I am in Pittsburgh (though am not from here and never will be). Anyway there are few places to dive on the western side unless you go to Bainbridge, Gilboa or Erie. Our local quarry is a mudhole and need a jeep to get to it. There are a couple other mudholes but nothing to write home about. I am out at Bainbridge some, and also just did DIR-F at Dutch. Dutch is ok throughout the week, but is awful come the weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom