Hi coming back to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I haven't dived in like 3 years. Im comming back to diving..

i was 180 lbs now im into triathlon and weigh 150 lbs.

Im very curious how my bouyancy is now

I recently lost weight and got in shape. I too was very curious as to what my weight would change to. I was alot less buoyant and ended up 8 pounds lighter on lead. I expect to drop another 2 or more in August on my next trip.

Congratulations for the weight loss and welcome back to diving.

It would make sense that when you loose weight and gain muscle you will require less ballast, given everything else remains unchanged.

We can all give you best guess estimates on how much to remove but what really needs to happen is go dive in a pool or shallow water and conduct a weight check.

the last time i left....

i was on a BP/W Jetfins. a modified weight 300grams bolted on my plate.
using board shorts and rashguard...

and my bmi was way off! lol

Hope to try again when the weather clears.

the last time i left....

i was on a BP/W Jetfins. a modified weight 300grams bolted on my plate.
using board shorts and rashguard...

and my bmi was way off! lol

Hope to try again when the weather clears.

I dropped about 100 pounds of body fat so far. Let us know how it turns out!

Welcome back

You make might find a pool and maybe instructor to help get dialed back in

As @Scott said- the key will be to do a proper weight check, but typically or generally speaking, you will be able to drop a pound of lead for every 10lbs of weight loss. So assuming that you will be diving with the exact same equipment and tanks as you did in the past, you may want to start out by dropping 3-4 lbs of lead from what you used previously and go from there with your weight check. Welcome back to diving!

As @Scott said- the key will be to do a proper weight check, but typically or generally speaking, you will be able to drop a pound of lead for every 10lbs of weight loss. So assuming that you will be diving with the exact same equipment and tanks as you did in the past, you may want to start out by dropping 3-4 lbs of lead from what you used previously and go from there with your weight check. Welcome back to diving!

as i was reviewing my dive watch... i realized that i didnt exactly leave diving for 3 years.. we have this group christmas party every year. and was able to dive once last year. at 165 lbs. didn't have weights .....

am i gona be negatively bouyant at 150 lbs?

as i was reviewing my dive watch... i realized that i didnt exactly leave diving for 3 years.. we have this group christmas party every year. and was able to dive once last year. at 165 lbs. didn't have weights .....

am i gona be negatively bouyant at 150 lbs

Yes. If you didn't use weight at 165, you won't be using any at 150 either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom