Hi, been diving a couple of times. Just wanted to say hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

linmicsar

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

My fiance' and I have been diving and certified in San Carlos, Mexico. We live in Arizona. We are on our way to Cozumel in July. Wondered if we actually need wet suits. I have a skin suit I plan to wear. Any good tips out there regarding Cozumel diving would be appreciated.

Linda

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard!! My opinion is that you should plan on using wet suits. I think that even though the water is in the low 80's you may get a little chilled at the end of your dive. I think its better to be comfortable at the end even if you get a little warm at the start of the dive. Also, its better to be protected if you happen to run into any jelly fish, or accidently brush against some coral. I usually wear a shorty, but I have many friends who wear a full skin or a 3 ml full. Have fun on your trip!!
Tom

Welcome to the 'board!!!

We have a whole forum on Coz..... check out for great insider information here:

Cozumel - ScubaBoard

If you're planning to do more than one dive a day, a 3mm suit will be good.

Dive on in and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom