Hi all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving IS much less expensive here and very accessible. I'm PADI too, and have found lots of opportunities for advanced coursework at a fraction of the cost in NC.

Thanks for all the info guys... we are waiting till July because that's when vacation kicks in for hubby and I with our jobs. We wish we could do it earlier but scheduling conflicts woulldn't allow it. We chose the keys because we wanted to make a vacation out of it and get away from it all, we've been to the keys a few times before and just love it there, how nice and laid back it is. My hubby chose SSI, I don't know why. To me it makes no difference, PADI, SSI, MAUI, whatever, but for some odd reason he was very specific with it needing to be SSI. Last October we were down there and went looking for shops and he spoke to some of the people from Dive Key West and they seemed to "click". It's also a private course where it will only be hubby and I with an instructor which he happened to like. I would love to go to Ocean Fest, what is it, where is it, and when?

I would love to go to Ocean Fest, what is it, where is it, and when?[/COLOR]

No problem, we just tried to save you some bucks. Just remember to go diving up here when you are done and you'll see what a treasure pot you have in your back yard.

The instructor is more important than certification agency, so if your hubby has "clicked" with one that is good then. (As long as its not a she and because of that :wink: )

You can read about Ocean Fest here www.oceanfest.com

--A

Welcome! Good luck on your certification and welcome to diving. Its addictive and you meet some really wonderful folks, at least I have here on SB. Like others have said, check out the private trips section for dives, and those beach dives can be snorkeled also. Any trip posted is an invitation to join the fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom