Hi All

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geek,

I still haven't written anything in stone. Went by T. Lakes this afternoon and spoke with Cheryl. (Works with Mike) She said the air station should be up and running this weekend.

I didn't se anyone in the water. We'll see..................

regards,

Hey I braved it last weekend. 3mil with a 5 mil farmer john top. Was plenty warm. Going to Blue Lagoon this weekend for DM class. Supposed to be colder there

CHSZDRAB:
Hello Toecutter,

Welcome to SB. Some Swampers north of I - 10 dive at Blue Lagoon then we navigate south of I - 10 to Twin Lakes. Need a dive buddy just PM us anytime.

See you underwater,

Charlyn

I do need to find some buddies who actually dive. I think Ofatt's Bayou sounds interesting. Anyone want to go? Why is water temp such a big deal? I have not been cold yet.

Toecutter,

I used to dive Offatts a lot. Has been awhile. As the weather gets better, weekends are not too good at Offatt's because of the boat traffic. During the week it's not too bad. I also live pretty close to Twin Lakes. I know, it sounds like you would like to branch out a little.

Regards,

Toecutter

What kind of wetsuit do have. Me I don't like being cold. I've been holding off buying a thicker wetsuit till I complete my DM training and can get Keyman discounts. The comfort range for me and my 3 mil is around 68+.

I have a 3mil two piece that I bought and have not used plus a 5mil two piece that was given to me. I have used the 5mil at TwinL and am actually a little too warm above the thermocline. My computer measured the temp at 51' last weekend as 58 degrees(9:45AM). I have a 3 mil hooded vest coming in this week and I want to try it with the 3mil and see if I am as comfortable.

Toecutter:
I have a 3mil two piece that I bought and have not used plus a 5mil two piece that was given to me. I have used the 5mil at TwinL and am actually a little too warm above the thermocline. My computer measured the temp at 51' last weekend as 58 degrees(9:45AM). I have a 3 mil hooded vest coming in this week and I want to try it with the 3mil and see if I am as comfortable.

Toecutter,

I gather you did not use a hood at Twin Lakes? You'll probably be comfortable in the 3mm two oiece as it will give you about 6mm on the torso area. You will have to experiment with your weighting due to the change in rubber. You will also need to add a few pounds if you plan to dive in salt water, such as Offatt's Bayou, etc.

Regards,

Cudabait:
Toecutter,

I gather you did not use a hood at Twin Lakes? You'll probably be comfortable in the 3mm two oiece as it will give you about 6mm on the torso area. You will have to experiment with your weighting due to the change in rubber. You will also need to add a few pounds if you plan to dive in salt water, such as Offatt's Bayou, etc.

Regards,

Actually I forgot my hood and went without it on my first tank. When I got out I could not remember my mothers maiden name. I got my tank refilled and picked up my hood for the second dive. No problem the second time around. Gotta keep that noggin warm from now own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom