Hi all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Night dives aren't too bad just need buddies with BIG flashlights and good navigational skills. (and at times one of those fancy relief valve thingies for both ends)
Butch

You will be amazed at the quantity of ambient light there is on a night dive, and the greatly increased variety of sea life that becomes active when the sun goes down. I love night diving.

Try diving shallow on a full moon.

Tom

Night dives are fun.Make sure you have a good strong torch and a back up.Go with some friends who are night dive experienced and relax.The trick is to ignore all your fears of what you can't see.The fact is that you will be the biggest baddest thing in the ocean and noone will want to mess with something that has such a great big shining eye!
It'll be fun and you will be surprised at why you were afraid.The course should take you in at dusk which allows for the transition of day to night and it'll be dark before you know it and you will be having more fun than you can handle.
Cheers there's nothing to be afraid of Ears, :cool:
The Thunder from Down Under,
The one and only,
Gasman

I know your anxiety. I too was really nervous about the AOW night dive but it was the best dive I had ever experienced to date when it was over.

The reason I like night dives best now that I have had a chance to do many is because it forces you to draw your attention the limited beam of your light which allows you to see the dive site in much greater detail than you have ever noticed it before. I always see more at night because you are more focused and aware. Hard to put into words. I am sure someone else on the board feels the same way and can articulate better.

I hope you share your experience with us when you get back from AOW. When is your class?

Thank you all for the votes of confidence! It's taken me 10 yrs. to work up the courage to finally do the aow course solely b/c of the nite dive, believe it or not.

The course is mostly self-study except for the dives & I've gotten through most of the book in just 3 days. The nite dive boat was supposed to leave @ 6pm tonight, but it seems unlikely right now due to terrible weather (remember we're prone to hurricanes over here).

I'll keep you guys posted!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom