Hi all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fooks

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all! Me and the other half are new to diving. We just recieved our c-cards last year and have fallen in love with the sport. I have been reading through the board and have enjoyed reading about all your experiences and advice (much to learn). Anyhow just wanted to say hi to everyone :)
BTW are there any Canadian divers floating around?

Hello there fooks, there welcome to the family here at ScubaSource, there are plenty of Red Maple Leafed neighbors floating around here.

Hey there Fooks! I'm new to this site, too! (A Canuck, too) The hubby and I love the sport but unfortunately we're land locked. Go out to the B.C. coast whenever possible, tho. Where do you guys dive?

Welcome to the board from Melbourne, FL. If you get down this way, we'll have to go diving in warm water.

Hey fooks! We're from Edmonton! Where are you going on the coast? We've been to the Island at quite a few spots - we have been to a number of warm water spots - but none can compare to what we have in our own backyard!! Our favorite was in Seymour Inlet - but tragically there was a fire last November and the whole camp was lost. What are your plans?

We're going to porpoise bay (1hr north of Vancouver). Its through our local dive shop. It'll be our first time diving in the ocean. We usually just go to Banff and dive in Minnewanka and 2 Jack Lake. We went last week and the water was a comfortable 40 degrees! LOL! Are there any good lakes around Edmonton to go diving?

Hi fooks. Nothing very good around here - there is one lake divers go to, Twin Lakes - they have made an underwater playground of sorts, just stuff to look at, a swing set, sink (!) etc. There is a diving bell at about 60 Ft. that is kinda neat, with a platform you can stand on and breathe in REALLY stale air. I made the mistake once of trying to shoot some good air into it with my reg and it froze open, draining my tank! I had a buddy with me tho, so got to practice buddy breathing back to the surface! The only real clear lakes up here are around the Jasper area, but it is pretty boring - we found the only (I'm sure) fish in Lake Edith once - the highlight of the dive! I've heard Minnewanka is kind of interesting - think so? Have never been to Porpoise Bay, we have only dove on the Island - except once at Gibson area to go on the HMCS Chaudiere. Really cool.

In Minnewanka there is some cool stuff to see. There is an old damn thats at about 60ft, the old town site is still there, and there are some bridge pilings from the old bridge. Never been to any of them (just got my c card last year) but hear that they are pretty neat, especially the old damn. My instructor told me he once saw a 5ft trout!
But thats about it for around Calgary.

I think porpise bay is near the gibson area actually but not a 100% sure.

Is twin lakes in the Jasper area?

Hey fooks. Twin Lake is by Ma-Me-O Beach (Pigeon Lake). You follow the highway past Ma-Me-O about 20 miles or so (I forget)!! If you want specific directions, I can get them for you. The turn off is not well marked. We lived in Calgary for awhile quite some time ago and really loved it. We'll have to try Minnewanka sometime soon. Would love to hear of your adventures in Porpoise Bay - we're always looking for new places. The Chaudiere is at Sechelt. A real experience. We penetrated the wreck and saw some pretty neat stuff. Lots of things still intact. Keep in touch!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom