Hi All!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi WetDane!

I'd love to go diving with you sometime, where do you usually dive at?

Bad news guys, I might not be able to make my Canada dive trip, I caught a cold (or rather, it caught me, and now it's beating me to death!) Hopefully I'll get over it really quick...I was supposed to go with my dad, and he's got the same cold that I do. We might just go anyways, and just relax on the boat.
What do you guys suggest? I know you're not supposed to dive when you're sick, but we've already invested over a thousand dollars into this trip. It'd really be disappointing not to go.

Hi Kylianna, I've only seen pictures, but the people I've talked to say the Gulf Islands are an amazing place to dive. Say, have you dove or do you know of any divable wrecks in the Puget Sound area.
Ah crap, my diving computer says it's time to ascend, gotta go. Welcome aboardddddddddd.
JQ

Any chance you can reschedule the trip a week out so you can get over the cold?

I dive anywhere I can - around the Puget Sound... would love to head up to the San Juans pretty soon...

JQ -
check this out, there are plenty more, but this was on top of my head...
http://www.fifthd.com/divestore/divesites/pb4.html

Terkel

Unfortunately, we can't reschedule the trip because it's through the local dive shop with a certain number of people going, boats already reserved and everything. We can't get a refund on the trip, either.

Sorry, I've been waiting for an opprotunity to write that. That would be a cool(literally and figuratively) dive. Unfortunately I'll have to get some dives under my belt before I Journey(cue James Masons voice here)"20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". Does 150 feet require technical diving certification? Thanks for the link.
JQ

Couldn't hurt to go & then see how you feel right? You might have a miraculous recovery! I guess the other divers might get a little upset if you made them sick too. Or you could do as the ultra-polite sick person might & wear a mask... I saw that trick when I was in Japan. Might look a little goofy, but makes perfect sense!

I've heard some good things about trips on the Sea Venturer!

Have fun!
kate

kylianna,
In that case I think I would chance on going, it's only Tuesday - so your cold may be gone by friday - right? And if I paid for it - I would surely want to get the trip - if nothing else go sit on the deck and soap up the rays...
My email is below if yo ever come over here and want to dive...

JQ,
let me see - if rec limits for deep diving are 130 feet and you get - what 5 minutes of BT - then you probably need more training...
You would want to start with the AOW, then do EAN and rescue before dipping into Deco classes. There are wreck classes that you can take as part of the AOW too - let me know if you want and I'll look for the shops that teach them.

If you want more data - terkel@rocketmail.com I'll refer you to some good shops in the Puget Sound area.

one more site:
http://www.scret.org/ This is where the real cream is at.

Terkel

True, I could do that! I'd fill that thing up with snot in no time, though :)

I think it's really up to my dad if we go or not. *sigh*

(I'm testing out my signature, lets see if it works)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom