Hi All I'm a new diver from MD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterWitch

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Two years ago I made a new years resolution to stop making new years resolutions and instead pick a new years adventure. Last year it was white water rafting. It was great fun, now this year I have decided to become a diver. ( I thought it would be cheaper than the Harley I had my eye on but after looking at the diving costs for equipment etc I'm not so sure.

I am taking the scuba class from my local rec dept. Is this going to be sufficient or should I be looking into a dive school.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
PJ

Hi Welcome to scuba board. I with a local diving company in Hagerstown, MD called East Coast Divers. If you want to see how the local rec. department training compares to another dive organization check out our training link. It may help you. East Coast Diver LLC Home
Do you know what dive affiliation or training organization the rec. department goes through? PADI, SDI, etc. If you ever need any advice or if you have any questions let us know were here to help you.

I think the training organization is PADI. I guessing this is beginer training. I guess this is a good way to get exposed to diving. If I panic in the pool I'm guessing diving isn't for me.

Thanks for the advice.

Sounds good. Every scuba training center should start you out in the pool. Its help in training and building confidence. Here is something no one tells you at the beginning, take your time and try to relax. Scuba takes time and practice. The more you do it the more comfortable you will be. If you are uncomfortable with something let your instructor know. This will not only will this help you to relax a little more, but the instructor will be able to help reassure you and help build your confidence.

Welcome, I have a Fatboy Harley Davidson. Anything I buy for this bike starts in 3 digits’. HD stands for hundred dollars. LOL
But seriously, I like diving a lot more! On a scale of 1 to 10, the Harley is a 3 and diving’s a 10. If you wait to buy your gear not only will you be buying from inside of the diving community, but you will know what aspect of diving you want to progress in.

Hello everyone, I am not a diver myself, just an amazed observer at what you folks do. I joined the board with a mission in mind. It entails diving a local Baltimore County, MD quarry when the weather breaks this coming spring/summer 2010. If you have all the necessary gear & recording equipment, a huge heart & a quest for the truth, please contact me at diamond414x@aol.com. Looking for as many volunteers as possible. Thank you soo very much!
Tracey in MD

Welcome!! Jump onto the DNY forum if you are interested in hooking up with divers in your area. DNY has divers from PA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, and well at least 30 other states.

Here is the link to scubaboard's forum for Maryland divers. The forum is called Mid-Atlantic Bottom FeedersMid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders - ScubaBoard
You can also get there by going to the top of the page click on the forums link then click on travel and dive clubs and then United States. Scroll down until you see South Eastern United States- Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders. People are always looking for buddies to dive with or post outings in Maryland on here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom