hey wouldnt it be neat if

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Notice the difference in shirts... The actual shirts themselves. I'm suggesting the looser-fitting Hanes Beefy-T.

Notice, too, that the writing is different on both of our shirts... You've got a yellow Arial font... I suggest the goldish Georgia font.

...But I think that you were trying to show the graphics on the breast... The "DSD" in red. I put it on the shirt that I had suggested at http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=seajay@bftwave.net&F=dsd7

I also took the writing off of the right sleeve and put the flags on there instead. It's at http://www.deepsouthdivers.org/dsd7front.jpg

I still think that my favorite is http://www.deepsouthdivers.org/dsd4front.jpg , but that's just my thoughts...

Have we gotten to a point where we can start to order these shirts yet?
Has a cost been established?

I would like to have the DSD 4 - the flag shirt with the wording and state flags on sleeves. Navy would be great, in a large. I also like it in white so if we could order both colors I would like one in large white as well.

But I think that having Deep South Divers on the other sleeve is a bit much...that would be 3 places on the shirt and I think that front and back are plenty. I really would like the shirt if we/you could add North Carolina to it. Raven, I like the one that you did with the flags on the back but feel that it would be too hard to identify it as a dive shirt. If we do a white shirt it should have a different color font..the gold looks too washed out.

My 2 cents,
Dale
:scuba:

I was checking out the FL Conch Divers progress on their shirts and saw a posting on a site where shirt and other items of design can be set up for ordering on a one by one basis and ongoing. It is www.cafepress.org . (or .com). Deepstops has the information concerning this and maybe can help us. It sounds like we would set up our own page (shop) with them and orders can go through that site.

Maybe worth checking out. Do we have a printing shop set up yet? and has anyone looked into how to take orders, collect payment, etc. ? Or are we just speculating on this?

I might be able to help set up this project, but I have to warn everyone that my computer may be down for a few days soon. We are change over to a new computer and going to use a wireless connection if it will work. If not then I have to wait to have the cable company move my connection to the other room.

Should be moving the computer tommorrow, so I will have access today.

I just rechecked and it is www.cafepress.com. I also went into the site to check it out. Found a few shops set up for diving under the topic recreation/hobbies, sub topic sports, then diving. I had to look around to find that though.

Looks like a possible source for us.

seaangel once bubbled...

I might be able to help set up this project, but I have to warn everyone that my computer may be down for a few days soon. We are change over to a new computer and going to use a wireless connection if it will work.

PM me if you have any problems with that... That's what I do for a living. :)

Thanks, SeaJay! I don't know if we will get to it tommorrow, hubby forgot to get the hardware from the computer store. He had more important things, like deer season. Hmm, come to think of it he didn't bring one of them home either. Should have gone to the computer store instead. LOL. He is to hunting as I am to diving. Passions we can't give up the opportunity for.

I will be leaving on Thursday to go on a 4 night liveaboard to West End Bahamas with some of my friends at the LDS. I love these trips we make atleast 3 a year and I hate to miss them. I try to go if I can, and this will make my third trip this year! Yah! Still don't know about next year though.

Hey, listen if our DSD group would be interested I could check out us making one of these trips. The boat is 110ft, accomodates probably 20 divers, I know the owner and his other captains now and maybe that would be a good trip for us. I can't always make the dates that our LDS has but maybe another time would be better for me and DSD. They are a great operator and I trust them 100% with my life and diving! How does that sound as a possiblity? Cost for 4 nights and 3 days of diving runs about $800.00 per diver. That includes the meals and dives onboard.

Since I will be there later this coming week would there be an interest in looking at a possible date, and trip for DSD?

I got so excited thinking about DSD having a liveaboard together that I had to do some checking, and the Gulfstream Eagle does 4-5day trips to West End, Grand Bahama; 7-10 days to Exuma and 6-7day to Cay Sal. I have only been on the West End and Cay Sal trips, but I have to say they are tops in my book! I would love to do an Exuma trip. The cost is approx. $200 a day, group discounts are available so we would need to have a group of about 8 to 10 divers to qualify for that.

How does the DSD members feel about a possible liveaboard trip in 2004?

If you are interested the website for the Gulfstream Eagle is:
www.gulfstreameagle.com.

I personally know Captain Marc and Captain Rob quite well. Their crew is awesome as well. Geez, this makes me so excited! I hope there are some others interested too. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom