Hey Scuba Dudes & Dudettes CHECK OUT these new logbooks!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My good Pal from Ireland, Mark Needham, has created 6 really cool 94-page logbooks. They are really well laid out and have all the necessary fields for logging dives and note-taking To view them, use the QR CODE below and be sure to click on his name "the author's name" to see the rest of the collection. Or, search for them on Amazon by copying this into the amazon browser:OPEN WATER DIVER'S LOGBOOK mark needham Mark is using all proceeds to develop courses to educate the next generation on the health of our oceans and how they are being affected by climate change.

Where did the graphic designs come from for the covers?

I don't keep a logbook anymore but back in the day, I liked one similar to this. I did try to go the way of boulderjohn but I'm not disciplined enough for that.

If the author has rights to the cover design artwork, I'd be likely to buy those images.

Electronic logbooks for me!

It’s way easier to automatically dump data from my DC’s right to my phone via Bluetooth. I can add notes right after the dive while it’s all fresh in my mind; many times right on the boat - where I can capture the GPS coordinates of the dive site in the log too.

No worries about getting a logbook wet or lost and super easy to have backups (cloud or WiFi synched to PC). It is 2021 after all :).

I designed my own years ago and print pages when required.

Every year I tweak the pages a bit depending on how my diving is evolving.

My good Pal from Ireland, Mark Needham, has created 6 really cool 94-page logbooks. They are really well laid out and have all the necessary fields for logging dives and note-taking To view them, use the QR CODE below and be sure to click on his name "the author's name" to see the rest of the collection. Or, search for them on Amazon by copying this into the amazon browser:OPEN WATER DIVER'S LOGBOOK mark needham Mark is using all proceeds to develop courses to educate the next generation on the health of our oceans and how they are being affected by climate change.

Why on earth would you post a qr code and not a link? Awesome covers though

It is 2021 after all

Only in some parts of the world :rofl3:

If I still kept logs, I'd buy at least one of these. I see no reason to discourage new divers especially, from getting a well designed log book with a much better looking cover than any of my log books ever had.

Electronic logbooks for me!

It’s way easier to automatically dump data from my DC’s right to my phone via Bluetooth. I can add notes right after the dive while it’s all fresh in my mind; many times right on the boat - where I can capture the GPS coordinates of the dive site in the log too.

No worries about getting a logbook wet or lost and super easy to have backups (cloud or WiFi synched to PC). It is 2021 after all :).

Right. Only worries about a phone getting wet or lost. In 23 years of diving, I have lost or broken a couple of phones (and recently lost all my Contacts on my iPhone and was unable to restore them from iCloud, even with Apple tech support) but I still have my original logbook, which I used until just a few years ago. (Yes, I know there are more solutions for the phone than for paper--I'm just being facetious. :) )

Right. Only worries about a phone getting wet or lost. In 23 years of diving, I have lost or broken a couple of phones (and recently lost all my Contacts on my iPhone and was unable to restore them from iCloud, even with Apple tech support) but I still have my original logbook, which I used until just a few years ago. (Yes, I know there are more solutions for the phone than for paper--I'm just being facetious. :) )
If you have a phone that can't get wet in 2021, you really need to upgrade. I also keep my phone in a dry bag along with wallet, car keys, etc., - so I'll always have my phone with me anyhow. However, if some folks like paper logs, more power to them - not trying to rain on their parade here.

If you have a phone that can't get wet in 2021, you really need to upgrade. I also keep my phone in a dry bag along with wallet, car keys, etc., - so I'll always have my phone with me anyhow. However, if some folks like paper logs, more power to them - not trying to rain on their parade here.

iPhone 7, baby!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom