Hey NE divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manda

Registered
Reaction score
Any Nebraska divers been out to Kearney yet? I'm curious about the viz and water temperature.

Spoke to someone who dove there last weekend. Actually, not Sandy Channel, but Bassways. They said it was a brisk 52 degrees F. They dove dry, but I imagine a 7mm would be sufficient.

Steve

Just curious about Bassways. Is it in the lake system around Sandy Channel? We are looking at heading out to Sandy Channel in the next couple weeks. Any other dive site here in Nebraska would be welcome. We did our certs in 52F water last year. Not bad till the mask removal. Woooo!

Nebdiver:
Just curious about Bassways. Is it in the lake system around Sandy Channel? We are looking at heading out to Sandy Channel in the next couple weeks. Any other dive site here in Nebraska would be welcome. We did our certs in 52F water last year. Not bad till the mask removal. Woooo!

We would like to go out there pretty soon too. But my husb and I haven't been out there before so we arent familiar with the area. We only know about Sandy Channel.

manda:
We would like to go out there pretty soon too. But my husb and I haven't been out there before so we arent familiar with the area. We only know about Sandy Channel.

I'll get directions over lunch and post them after that.
Steve

nescubasteve:
I'll get directions over lunch and post them after that.
Steve

Thanks Steve, I'm interested in this too.

DIRECTIONS TO BASSWAY STRIP

From I-80, take Minden exit (#279) south. Head south until you cross Platte River(about 3/4 mile from I-80). Immediately after bridge, turn left (east) onto gravel access road. Access Road heads back north and recrosses Platte River with smaller bridge. Follow access road across bridge, then around corner into parking area. Dive area is south of parking lot.

Hope this helps. Let us know how the diving is. Just got back from Table Rock this weekend, so next diving opportunity for me will probably be Sandy Channel in early June.

Steve

last weekend in may the temp at sandy was 66d vis was a measured 14' for a hand signel 21' if you were looking for a white tank doun to about 12' doun in the thermalclin it was 10-12'. lots of new "junk" has been put in the lake need to spend a day getting all the crap out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom