Hey men... Hot peppers kill prostate cancer!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
NetDoc:
As my Father in Law died from this, I was quite interested in this news clipping:

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N15414885.htm

I hope it's TRUE.

It came a bit late for me but it is good to get the word out whenever you can. It is strange women will discus breast cancer quiet easily, I have found that men do not like to talk about PC, Ostrich syndrome.

cdiver2:
PC, Ostrich syndrome.
PC I have heard of, Ostrich syndrome ... I couldnt possibly be affected by that. Is it kin to scubaboard syndrome? Occasionally my wife has accused me of having my head in the computer too much of the time.

Willie

I am soooo relieved to know that I can benefit by eating, rather than applying, the hot sauce :wink:

Me thinks eating even 3, to say nothing of 8, habaneros three times per week is a tall order for most folks.

Yeah....in fact it's not the peppers that help. It's the flaming faeces that kills the cancer cells.... :) You could probably achieve the same thing with a blowtorch if you were careful enough.... LOL

R..

Green_Manelishi:
I am soooo relieved to know that I can benefit by eating, rather than applying, the hot sauce :wink:

Me thinks eating even 3, to say nothing of 8, habaneros three times per week is a tall order for most folks.

If it works that would be the easy part compared to what you go through if you get PC.
Even if you get through PC it can effect (and quiet often doe's) the rest of your life. And that makes treatment pale in comparison.

I'll munch down a Jalepeno or two once in a while, but I wont' touch a Habanero.

I think Diver0001 is right about shooting fire. rofl

I found one detail of that article particularly fascinating: the cancerous cells actually commit suicide (the researchers' words) in a process called apoptosis, wherein they break down their own DNA. Faced with death by capsaicin, the cells choose an easier way out, I guess.

Another benefit to eating peppers, as I've been doing almost daily for many years, is a feeling like a runner's high. That's because your body produces endorphins, the opiate-like pain-killing stuff, in response to the pepper heat, the same way your body reacts to the pain and stress of running. After just a few days of eating peppers around the same time every day, like running at the same time every day, your body actually starts preparing for the pain by pumping endorphins in advance. That's why runners feel antsy if they don't run at the same time every day. As for me, I eat jalapenos mostly after work and before supper, and it's like having a cocktail with the mellow, relaxing feeling.

As for habaneros, though, they're just too hot for me, and for most mortals. Measured on something called the Scoville scale, they're more than 100 times hotter than jalapenos. (On that scale, bell peppers come in at zero.)

Wonderful! Not that I needed anotehr reason to eat spicy food :wink:

Moved to humor section so as to not go off topic on a very important topic :multi:

Back
Top Bottom