Hey FL divers; what the heck is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just my 2 cents... photo anomaly. But definetly interested to hear what others have to say.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Thats a topographic rendering error. We have few on the East Coast as well. There was one recently in Atlantic near Azores/Canari or something, that looked like Atlantis LOL

Its definitely a goof. Looks like a ghost image of a barge (still floating - notice the extensive shadows) that somehow incorrectly appears in this section of the mosaic...

I was thinking the same thing Mike, In reference to the shadows....... I also see what appears to be the boat mentioned

Now I think we're homing in on it. I do know that they dredged out several channels south of this stretch of beach and pumped millions of yards of sand back up onto these beaches several years ago to limit the natural erosion. That could very well be a barge that was in place to pump sand.

However, I'll allow that shadows would still appear even underwater if the depth is only 19 feet as indicated on GE.

Inasmuch as nothing shows on the aids to navigation, I'm beginning to think it's a barge in place when the images were recorded. It's just not really clear like I would expect a surface ship that large to be.

Oh well, there's only one way to know for sure.......:goingdown:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom