Hey everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esh

Reaction score
My name is David, people call me esh... it's short for my last name and I guess they could never say it. :wink:

I'm registering for a diving course @ my college for may-mester, I'm not sure if it includes open-water certification? But I hope it does.

Also I'm getting married in june and heading down to St. Lucia for 7-nights for our honeymoon and might do diving while there. I'm trying to talk my fiance into wanting to dive with me but she is scared of it... I worked hard enough talking her into snorkeling while we are there, lol.

Looking to buy a pair of goggles/snorkels/fins as well for the both of us.

Welcome to Scubaboard.

Hope everything goes well. YOu'll find some great advice from the memebers of this website.

thanks all :)

I just tried to register today and apparently it requires a pre-requisite (which is essentially swimming 101)... ugh. Trying to get a bypass for it... I was on a swim team for about 9 years gimme a break people!

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Yeah, I skipped the swim part, but at a college - no way, probly. Just do it. Won't be the last time you have to prove yourself.

Not goggles - Masks! There's plenty of discussion already available on what to look for in Masks & Fins - try out Search function. Snorkels are debated a lot here, but I keep one in my BC pocket always, and you have to wear one in class. I use the Oceanic folding pocket snorkel with velcro attachment.

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-005.gif

well this is a whole class that I would have to take before I could take the scuba diving class. And I'm graduating soon and no time to take this lame swimming 101 class. (the swimming 101 class would last Aug-Dec... while the scuba is only 2 weeks in may). Of course I could go get certified by a private company but the college is way cheap since I am already there. ($45 fee)

oooh Masks, sorry! lol... need to learn the lingo. Yes I was reading through a lot of the discussion and still am reading through them. I'll have to checkout the folding pocket snorkel when I go checkout what the local dive shop has. Thanks for your help :)

Hey Esh!

From another diver close to your area, welcome to the "board!!!!" Geez, I wish I got certified when in college. I wouldn't have waisted so much of my divable life on land.

Mike

esh:
well this is a whole class that I would have to take before I could take the scuba diving class. And I'm graduating soon and no time to take this lame swimming 101 class. (the swimming 101 class would last Aug-Dec... while the scuba is only 2 weeks in may). Of course I could go get certified by a private company but the college is way cheap since I am already there. ($45 fee)

oooh Masks, sorry! lol... need to learn the lingo. Yes I was reading through a lot of the discussion and still am reading through them. I'll have to checkout the folding pocket snorkel when I go checkout what the local dive shop has. Thanks for your help :)
Oh no - you mean a real Swim Class - OMG! I thought you meant the Padi swim test. Yeah, go sit in the Deans' office until you get that waives.

Divers seldom wear snorkels, but they're required for classes, and I like to have this one in my pocket anyway, just in case: link to Ocenic Pocket snorkel. click a pic to see it larger...

Back
Top Bottom