hey compressor guru let's play name that block

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bob000

New
Reaction score
hey compressor guru let s play name that block i am pretty sure its a bauer
but i can get no info from the office guy who selling it from the citie

thanks a lot for your help ther is the pic

Attachments

• 96271.jpg
    96271.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 96268.jpg
    96268.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 157
I am thinking Utilus II, certainly in the Utilus,Capitano, Mariner family, maybe when Craig, or another guru looks at it they can tell us which one based on the screw pattern of the head, etc. If you can find out the HP rating of the motor it would be a big clue to CFM and therefore which of the above.

Ike

It is a Capitano Block. When the "trio" (Capitano, Mariner and Utilus) where being offered, you could always tell at a glance which was which, by the first stage head and cylinder. If you look at the crank-case, on the right side of the intake, there will be a number stamped into it. That is the block number, which will look something like this 85/4356/06 or 7/876/1. Starting in the '80's, the first two digits are the model year. The other number would be a '70's era machine where they didn't include the "decade" number.

Dang, it has a Securus filtration system! That was not a cheap unit when new! Depending on price and if everything is working properly, that could be a really sweet deal!

Craig

The first stage head is too big for it to be a Utilus (I have a Utilus and compared it to mine), so I'm still thinking Mariner.

Securus, auto drains, sounds like it could be a sweet deal.

The Mariner has a reed valve first stage, giving it a flat top and a squarish look. The Capitano, like your Utilius, has the discharge valve evident on the top of the head.

Craig

LOL, you must have missed the first sentence in my first post.:D Yes it is a Capitano. Probably from the early to mid '80's judging by the autodrain style.

bob000,
I looked at your profile to see where you are located, but there isn't any info. That unit, I'm almost 100% sure, is 3 phase, 50Hz, guessing 380VAC. Won't work in a 60Hz country without modification. How much depends on the component ratings.

Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom