He's not a duck, but he's CUTE.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neil

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Here's my latest little friend, 8 weeks old. Name suggestions?
IM000505.jpg

What a cutie!! He looks just like my cat, Winston. :)

How about Tusa? (If you pronounce the "s" more like a "z," it's Sanskriti for "Soul," so it works on two levels!)

Japanese names: (may be used with the diminuitive suffix, "chyan" [rhymes with "John,"])
Neko: Cat
Goro: Omnioptoeia for the purring sound
Nianton: (Had a girlfriend whose cat was named Nianton)

Persian:
Pishi: Cat
Naze:v. Pet

I knew a hippie chick who had a cat named Haiti....

Good luck! He looks really sweet. :)

Oldest kid was wild about rocks, so we've been naming our cats -- two at any one time -- after geological terms. So: Our old marmelade cat is Topaz. Black-and-white blotches was Smokey (Quartz). All-black now is Cinder.

We'd probably go with something like Ashes for this one. Yeah, what a cutie!!

neil:
Here's my latest little friend, 8 weeks old. Name suggestions?
IM000505.jpg

Oh my god, look at the baby!! She's so pretty!!!!

I always prefer people names for all my pets, right now I have Jake, Vinny and Lucy...
I think she would make a nice Millie...:)

When we were kids we had a Grey cat like that, called him Rebel.

wow :)

I like the Sanskriti word for Soul, Tusa (Tuza) ... good ones Frank

We had a gray cat llike that when I was a little girl. We called her Pewter. Which was fine until my mother called her, "Here, Pew!"

I like to wait a bit to see what the kitten's personality is like. Our 7 month old kitten was quickly named "Kekoa", Hawaiian for fearless. He certainly is.............

edit: on this thought, my most mourned cat of all was named Loco, for reasons that were very evident. Seeing the personality and then picking a name is best. My wife named a Persian kitten Alexander too soon, and he turned out to be a complete wuss, afraid of his shadow. Go figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom