Hero5 Black Settings for Macro+ProTune

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdpdrum345

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
3 Things:

1) What can I do here to fix the color shifting issues I have noticed with the GoPro as water color/depth changes so I don't get weird adjustment fixes in the middle of my shots? Is this a white balance thing? Protune thing?

2) Is there anything you would change in order to capture better Macro style shots?

3) Any other feedback you have that has been useful for you if you have this/similar set up?

Yes, you need to turn off White Balance Auto and set it to a fixed temp like 6500k. There are macro lenses available for closer than 12 inches.

1/ White balance. It is not camera specific, just physics. As you decrease depth (or any change in lighting), you will need to white balance.

2/ To the GoPro? Get closeup filters and shoot in Narrow Mode

3/ Take lots of video, and REVIEW after every Day (or dive if you have the luxury) to learn how the settings translated to the conditions underwater. Learn this, and you'll be 90% there.

The rest comes down to being comfortable underwater. Buoyancy, steadiness, and stability.

_R

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'll take a stab at changing the white balance and setting it at a fixed temp as well as going for narrow mode with the macro filters.

Back
Top Bottom