Hero 4 Black.. Results?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had it set for 90 fps thinking it would be really good to allow slow motion video. We had an overcast day and the video was not good. Changed the settings and it now works... Still not sure it is any better than the 3 plus for underwater stuff. Took a few photos.. they may have been better..

Higher frame rates need more light to look good and makes bigger files. So your computer has to work harder to play them. I have the 3+ black and I usually stick to 30 fps. Every now and then I try different settings, but end up back where I am. I have noticed that the more settings I change the more work I create when editing my videos.

What information are you looking for?

Well...dumpsterDiver is wondering if GoPro 4 is better than the 3+, so it would be good to hear more feedback about the quality or if I should just save a bit of money and just go with 3+.
I am also debating whether to get the 4 silver or black because of the screen. Some people say screen is necessary to help framing but some say practice using the camera and can get by without the screen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom