Hero 3 wrist housing mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dor1813

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi

I have searched Amazon, ebay etc still could not find the wrist housing mount for HERO 3.

Anybody here knows where can I buy?

They currently don't make a wrist housing for the Hero3. The one they made for the Hero2 was pathetic and by far the worst mount option they had available. Your wrist moves so much that you really can't get a steady shot with it.

They currently don't make a wrist housing for the Hero3. The one they made for the Hero2 was pathetic and by far the worst mount option they had available. Your wrist moves so much that you really can't get a steady shot with it.

I second that, the wrist mount is a terrible alternative for diving.. Might work for sky diving...

You're better using a tray or a pole while diving - see other topics here from inspiration.

Thanks. From what I've read on this forum that for head mounts, our heads move too much and for chest mounts, arms may be in the way. Can someone suggest where else can we mount to be hands-free? I am a new diver so do not want to be fidgeting too much with camera and stuff but to focus on my diving skills. Trays and lightings will come later.

Will accessories sold online like the handle, extended pole fit all Heroes including mine H3?

Yes, they all use the same mount. You might need to get the tripod adapter from GoPro for most trays.

Wait to get a camera until you have your dive skills down better. I know it's not what you want t hear but in all honesty, video/still shots is something that needs to be done with your hands to really get good results. If you are still struggling with your dive skills such as bouyancy it won't matter where you mount the camera because it's not going to capture anything worth watching. If you have to at all costs have a camera to record your first dives I would recommend the head mount as your best option even though it's still not going to be much good. Your going to get a lot of gauge checks, random looking around, buddy checks and exhaust bubbles if you are not moving forward but it's the only option you have if you need your hands free. Again, I honestly feel like you should have your skills down well in whatever environment you're about to dive in before you pick up a camera.

I was concerned about having my hands free when getting my skills down after a long surface interval. I attached my GoPro to my BCD shoulder strap and everything that SCUBAFIED is saying above is true. Got some ok footage but no WOWs! I'm just now moving to hand held.

Thanks. I have used the Canon S100 during one dive and find it heavy and bulky. Hands got tired shortly while filming video. I reckon it won't bother me so much if I go hands-free.

Got news that the Hero 3 wrist mount will be out soon. Shall wait and see if it's gonna be cost effective. I am trying to figure out DIY using a wrist strap/band I used before. Hope someone here can show a video on how to secure or mount it. What are the tools needed to do this? I only have the basic mounts that came with the camera+housing.

Honestly, why bother with a wrist mount? It's only ever going to shoot where your hands are pointing so it's not really "hands free" is it. You may as well just hold it and aim it where you want, much steadier. Put a lanyard or clip on it so you can let it go/clip it off when not shooting or when you need to do other tasks.

Agree. It is much easier and comfortable holding as compared to the Canon S100 + housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom