Hero 3 Silver or Black For Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

codeblue2k

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

So im looking for some recommendations on wether I should get a Silver of Black. Right now its main use will be for diving and time-lapses. The REI sales guys talked me into the Silver saying that the Black is overrated unless you are a professional planning to use the 4K resolutions. But what I want to know is one edition or the other any better for underwater and time-lapse shots? Will the Black edition be more future proof as better and better TVs are released?

Thanks everyone.

Someone on a forum put it the best saying 'mHave you ever heard anyone with the black edition say I wish I had only bought the silver?''

The Black has a few extra options in the Time-lapse department than the Silver does. You can change the white balance settings on the Black as well which some find useful for diving.

I read somewhere that the Black does better in low light situations. True?? Underwater?

I am the owner if a black and it does have some phenomenal low light video capture. There is a YouTube video which compares the three during different situations to see what each offers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom