Hero 3 Filter options....what are the current options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishtn

Contributor
Reaction score
Upgrading to the Hero 3 and just want to know what the filter options are out there. I had used the SRP in the past and had some good results. Just wondering what the current available filters have to offer, and pros and cons, etc. Any help would be appreciated. I see there is a SRP, Mako, and Backscatter versions. Anyone have any opinions on which one of these or another one would be best? Thanks.

There are no amazing differences SRP uses URPRO filters that tend to have slightly more depth and a more balanced color
If you have money but it if not buy one of the others there are no major differences it is up to you if the delat money is worth it or not

I just ordered a Mako - haven't received it yet..

---------- Post added May 16th, 2013 at 06:45 PM ----------

I just got my Mako filter and I must say I am quite disappointed - it has scratches/scuff marks all over with one big scratch. I just checked their site, and they are closed for the day - will try calling them tomorrow to either get a replacement or a refund.

Very Sorry to hear about this. Please give us a call in the morning and we will get a new filter out to you immediately.

usa_flag-24.png
MAKO Spearguns USA

39 McWhirt Loop, Suite #103
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Phone: 540-361-1570
Fax: 540-361-1554

Email ordering, order status or order tracking questions: info@makospearguns.com

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 10am to 5pm EST

heading_separator.gif

Very Sorry to hear about this. Please give us a call in the morning and we will get a new filter out to you immediately.

usa_flag-24.png
MAKO Spearguns USA

39 McWhirt Loop, Suite #103
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Phone: 540-361-1570
Fax: 540-361-1554

Email ordering, order status or order tracking questions: info@makospearguns.com

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 10am to 5pm EST

heading_separator.gif

Appreciate the response - I will give you folks a call tomorrow.

Upgrading to the Hero 3 and just want to know what the filter options are out there. I had used the SRP in the past and had some good results. Just wondering what the current available filters have to offer, and pros and cons, etc. Any help would be appreciated. I see there is a SRP, Mako, and Backscatter versions. Anyone have any opinions on which one of these or another one would be best? Thanks.

the eelvision filter works great for me. www.eelvision.com

I just ordered a Mako - haven't received it yet..

---------- Post added May 16th, 2013 at 06:45 PM ----------

I just got my Mako filter and I must say I am quite disappointed - it has scratches/scuff marks all over with one big scratch. I just checked their site, and they are closed for the day - will try calling them tomorrow to either get a replacement or a refund.

Ok, I feel a bit stupid now. Apparently there is a really thin layer of plastic that is used as a protective layer that needs to be peeled off, but there are no instructions either on the website or in the package that informs buyers about this. The protective plastic doesn't come with a tab either, so there is no way of knowing. All that being said, I removed it and the filter looks great (no scratches, etc). I can't wait to take it to Bonaire in a couple of weeks - will report back after the dive trip.

I don't mean to laugh but thats funny. Actually my dad took an mp3 player back to the store for the same reason.
I think I may order a Mako one and see if I like it.

I don't mean to laugh but thats funny. Actually my dad took an mp3 player back to the store for the same reason.
I think I may order a Mako one and see if I like it.

I wouldn't blame you laughing because I was laughing at myself, but you will see what I mean when you get the filter...

Ok, I feel a bit stupid now. Apparently there is a really thin layer of plastic that is used as a protective layer that needs to be peeled off, but there are no instructions either on the website or in the package that informs buyers about this. The protective plastic doesn't come with a tab either, so there is no way of knowing. All that being said, I removed it and the filter looks great (no scratches, etc). I can't wait to take it to Bonaire in a couple of weeks - will report back after the dive trip.

Thanks so much for setting the record straight.

We pride ourselves in providing great products at value prices. These filters are made exclusively for MAKO. We would be very surprised (and disappointed) if a serious defect like that made it to our customer, but....

We will ALWAYS stand behind our products. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we really do strive to reach that.

Maybe we need to put a little note in the package letting everyone know about the protective film?

Please post a few pics using the filter to our Facebook Page when you get back (if you are into that sort of thing).
04.gif

Thanks!

Dano

Back
Top Bottom