Info Here’s what happens if your US return test is positive. A second hand account.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a reminder for those hording kits, they have expiration dates of less than a bottle of ketchup. Much less. I'm going to guess most of the kits given away will expire of age.
About 6 months. We end up testing more frequently than most as my wife is an elementary school teacher and is therefore exposed to kids with covid frequently.

Which airline is requiring a 10 day quarantine?
The OP's post was about Curacao. It is likely to be different everywhere, but in Bonaire if you test positive from a commercial testing service, that result is reported to the Health Dept, and then you must isolate for 5 days, and test again. If you do self-testing plus tele-proctoring, a positive test is not reported, so you can test again to ensure it was not a false positive. If it tests positive again, then you can't board the airplane...

Which airline is requiring a 10 day quarantine?
The 10 day “rule” is a CDC thing, not an airline thing.

Do not travel until a full 10 days after your symptoms started or the date your positive test was taken if you had no symptoms.

The 10 day “rule” is a CDC thing, not an airline thing.

Do not travel until a full 10 days after your symptoms started or the date your positive test was taken if you had no symptoms.
It was switched to 5 quite some time ago unless it just changed back recently. At least for southwest. 5 days and Dr note confirming no symptoms or a neg test.

It was switched to 5 quite some time ago unless it just changed back recently. At least for southwest. 5 days and Dr note confirming no symptoms or a neg test.
And, I will admit that this part had me a bit confused. I was expecting 5 days, as well. I didn’t push the question since all involved were pretty stressed out, so I just went with it.

I just returned from an 8 day trip on a 70ft TradeWinds Catamaran trip diving the BVI's. On the way, all we needed was our VAX and Booster cards to get to ST Thomas. We spent the first night on STT and we all did the online proctored test to get cleared to travel to Tortola (BVI) the next morning. We all tested neg and got the green QR code sent to our phones. That got us into the BVI's. Then after the 8 days with Tradewinds tripping and diving around the BVI's we got back to base on Tortola to spend our last night on the boat. TradeWinds arranged for a local doctor to come onboard that evening to give all of us the Antigen test needed to get back to STT the next morning. It was totally casual...maybe too casual. The doctor did not do ten separate 15 min tests. He just marked our ten names with tape on the stem end of the swabs and told everyone to swab the inside of each nostril 5 times and then return the swabs to him to p[lace in the solution strips. He obviously was not watching everyone so I just circled the air near my nose and handed the swab back to him. No way I was not going home in the morning because of a false positive.. Anyway, we all tested neg and the doc sent us all the green QR texts to get back into STT.

PS.... Rather than ride the slow ass ferry from STT to Tortola, the ten of us hired a private boat with Chill Out Charters. It was a 30ft Blackwater center console with triple Merc 350HP outboards and got us there in style in 20 minutes with music blasting and onboard brewskis and rum and cokes. . Plus, instead of the sheep herd coming off the ferry with all their luggage, our Chill Out Charter skipper just took all of our passports, went inside customs for 20 minutes and then we were off to go load our gear onto the Tradewinds cat.....

I just returned from an 8 day trip on a 70ft TradeWinds Catamaran trip diving the BVI's. On the way, all we needed was our VAX and Booster cards to get to ST Thomas. We spent the first night on STT and we all did the online proctored test to get cleared to travel to Tortola (BVI) the next morning. We all tested neg and got the green QR code sent to our phones. That got us into the BVI's. Then after the 8 days with Tradewinds tripping and diving around the BVI's we got back to base on Tortola to spend our last night on the boat. TradeWinds arranged for a local doctor to come onboard that evening to give all of us the Antigen test needed to get back to STT the next morning. It was totally casual...maybe too casual. The doctor did not do ten separate 15 min tests. He just marked our ten names with tape on the stem end of the swabs and told everyone to swab the inside of each nostril 5 times and then return the swabs to him to p[lace in the solution strips. He obviously was not watching everyone so I just circled the air near my nose and handed the swab back to him. No way I was not going home in the morning because of a false positive.. Anyway, we all tested neg and the doc sent us all the green QR texts to get back into STT.

PS.... Rather than ride the slow ass ferry from STT to Tortola, the ten of us hired a private boat with Chill Out Charters. It was a 30ft Blackwater center console with triple Merc 350HP outboards and got us there in style in 20 minutes with music blasting and onboard brewskis and rum and cokes. . Plus, instead of the sheep herd coming off the ferry with all their luggage, our Chill Out Charter skipper just took all of our passports, went inside customs for 20 minutes and then we were off to go load our gear onto the Tradewinds cat.....
So, basically, you’re quite comfortable with fraudulence, and don’t count on you to do the right thing if it’s going to be an inconvenience to you. Good to know.

So, basically, you’re quite comfortable with fraudulence, and don’t count on you to do the right thing if it’s going to be an inconvenience to you. Good to know.
10 days of quarantine as a result of a false positive is a lot more than an inconvenience, particularly if you are 100% asymptomatic. My opinion is that we all need to just move forward and deal with this. Those that don't want to take that route should stay home and hide in their closets to be sure that they are safe.

Reactions: BRT
10 days of quarantine as a result of a false positive is a lot more than an inconvenience, particularly if you are 100% asymptomatic. My opinion is that we all need to just move forward and deal with this. Those that don't want to take that route should stay home and hide in their closets to be sure that they are safe.
How would you know it is a false positive?

Back
Top Bottom