Info Here’s what happens if your US return test is positive. A second hand account.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the US, you can get at least 8, possibly 12 free test kits from the USPS. Drop your address into the form and they'll mail you tests in packs of 4.

I say 12 because initially they offered 4 kits, which I ordered and recieved. It appears in march they started allowing you to order 8 more, which I didn't know about until just now. I ordered the 8 additional.

usps:
Residential households in the U.S. are now eligible for another order of free at-home tests on USPS.com. Here's what you need to know about your order:

• Each order now includes 8 rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
  • Your order of 8 tests will come in 2 separate packages (4 tests in each package), each with its own tracking number
  • Packages will ship free
Edit:

In the email confirmation for my second order of tests, this note appears:
Note:If this is your first or second order, you can place another order.

In the US, you can get at least 8, possibly 12 free test kits from the USPS. Drop your address into the form and they'll mail you tests in packs of 4.

I say 12 because initially they offered 4 kits, which I ordered and recieved. It appears in march they started allowing you to order 8 more, which I didn't know about until just now. I ordered the 8 additional.
Thanks! I just ordered it. We can actually order the 8 test kits (for free) 3 times as I just received the following reply from USPS:

“Thank you for placing your order on USPS.com®.
Reminder: This order includes 2 packages of 4 individual at-home tests (8 tests total). Packages will ship free, separately.
This email confirms one of the packages in your order. You’ll receive separate confirmation and tracking emails for each package.
Note:If this is your first or second order, you can place another order.”

Don't forget, most of the selftest antigen kits can NOT be tele-proctored, so don't serve to get you back into the US. They are only good to let you know your status re infection.
Yes. Pretty obvious the intent & purpose of this self test kits.

My next trip is to Indonesia. I was told that there are plenty of clinics, that will perform the Antigen test before flying home back to USA, that costs only Rp.100,000 ($7). So, why bother bringing expensive ($69 from Antigen Testing Services – Get Tested Now) tele-proctored selftest Antigen kits?

Yes. Pretty obvious the intent & purpose of this self test kits.

My next trip is to Indonesia. I was told that there are plenty of clinics, that will perform the Antigen test before flying home back to USA, that costs only Rp.100,000 ($7). So, why bother bringing expensive ($69 from Antigen Testing Services – Get Tested Now) tele-proctored selftest Antigen kits?
The self-tests I have (FlowFlex) -- which were free --can be teleproctored for $20.
That has a convenience and comfort factor that might outweigh finding some local person in Mandado or somewhere to do a test of unknown quality that may or may not be acceptable to my airline.

The self-tests I have (FlowFlex) -- which were free --can be teleproctored for $20.
That has a convenience and comfort factor that might outweigh finding some local person in Mandado or somewhere to do a test of unknown quality that may or may not be acceptable to my airline.
That’s good to know. $20 is still almost 3x of what you would pay in Manado.

You still need a good wifi access for teleprotoring, don’t you?

Also, I haven’t heard of any Antigen test that was not acceptable to any airlines, including flying from Manado. And I have done many overseas trips in the last 2 years (11 trips). None of the airlines rejected my Antigen test results.

That’s good to know. $20 is still almost 3x of what you would pay in Manado.

You still need a good wifi access for teleprotoring, don’t you?

Also, I haven’t heard of any Antigen test that was not acceptable to any airlines, including flying from Manado. And I have done many overseas trips in the last 2 years (11 trips). None of the airlines rejected my Antigen test results.
You do you, Dan.

Anyone who stays with them must retest, and have a negative result, the day before the new departure date.
I take it for the re-test an antigen test is sufficient, not requiring a PCR test? I ask because the latter is very sensitive, and can test positive for a longer time. I would think just the negative antigen test for departure should be sufficient.
Bright side, they were told they could still snorkel all they want (non divers) and, as long as no one else is there, use the pool.
In this case with a minor involved it probably wouldn't be an issue, but something that'll eventually come up with a solo dive traveler in a destination with readily available shore diving like Curacao...could a solo (or pair of buddy) adult diver(s) with an asymptomatic positive test result stuck in quarantine (but allowed out to snorkel) also be allowed to take tanks for shore diving?

I'm guessing not, but that'd be a big plus in a place like Curacao or Bonaire.

Just a reminder for those hording kits, they have expiration dates of less than a bottle of ketchup. Much less. I'm going to guess most of the kits given away will expire of age.

@drrich2 an antigen is all that is required, and, if I understood my friend correctly, only of the father. It sounds as if the son doesn’t have to retest after quarantine. I could very well be wrong on that last part.

Back
Top Bottom