Here Comes ANDREA - Florida & Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just don't want the winds to grow looks like it is dying down any how. If there is a perceived T/S or hurricane in the area(gulf) my vacation gets called off( law enforcement/Fire fighter)...I don't mind rain for diving getting wet anyhow...lol.. and who needs viz...It is the wind that bothers me.

We need the rain, come andrea come

if the storms are getting an early start this year, does that mean we could see a number of them (like we did a year or two ago)? if so, i'm assuming it would be a good idea to buy trip insurance for an upcoming vacation? seems like a small price to pay to protect our deposit. recommendations welcome!

scottdj:
if the storms are getting an early start this year, does that mean we could see a number of them (like we did a year or two ago)? if so, i'm assuming it would be a good idea to buy trip insurance for an upcoming vacation? seems like a small price to pay to protect our deposit. recommendations welcome!
I always get trip insurance for international trips, for several reasons. I don't for Florida as almost everything can be canceled with at most $100 Airline penalty - which may be waived for storm threats. Really a subject of the General Travel forum, I think.

That a TS arrived in May is unusual, but in itself not really indicative of a bad year.

Looks to me like she's pretty much breaking up out there; I know seas forecasted for today are 2 ft or less and I'm going diving.......can't find better conditions than that.....

though, alternatively, we truly need the rain down here. We can see and smell the smoke from the wildfires. Feel a little like I'm in California.

I was out on the water yesterday and the smoke was irritating us

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom