henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe. I have a 7 mm 2-piece which is great. The 5 mm goldcore 1-piece jumpsuit was a major disappointment and I cannot recommend it at all. And my wife's hyperstretch 3 mm is not really a recommendation either. Her 5 mm is ok.
We were all Henderson (3;5;7) but are changing to other manufacturers.

I have a 5mm hyperstretch that I can't complain about. It's over 2 years old & as I spearfish & hunt shovelnose lobsters, it's taken a beating but is holding up OK.

An alternative that I'm becoming impressed with is XS Scuba Pyrostretch. It's their version of hyperstretch. I just bought one in 7mm. Fit is excellent, it's comfortable & looks to be of high quality. Time will tell how it holds up, but my LDS sold it to me for $200, compared to about $325 for a 7mm Hyperstretch fullsuit. It also has a 2 year warranty where Henderson has one year.

The weakness in the line is that they skip 5mm, straight from 3 to 7. But the price is right, quality seems good. You may find it of interest.

I've owned several of their tropical suits, and they were OK. Not terrific, just OK. Recently I went shopping for a 7mm suit for colder waters here in SoCal, and I looked at many different brands. I was disappointed with what I found in the Hendersons, as they just didn't seem to have the quality built in that I found in other suits. The seams didn't seem as robust, the features like knee pads seemed a flimsy, etc. Overall they just didn't seem to feel nearly up to the quality of the other suits I looked at like Bare, Pinnacle, Xcel, AquaLung, and Body Glove, yet their price was still high.

Back
Top Bottom