Henderson wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I currently dive with either a Bare 3 or 5 mm with 3mm hooded vest underneath. I recently bought a Henderson hyperstretch hooded vest and love it. My 5mm has a few hundred dives on it and is getting compressed. I thought I'd replace it with a Henderson H2 or Instadry. I've read that they aren't as warm as Bare though. If I get a 7mm HH, will that be roughly equivalent to a Bare 5 mm?

MMM - if you're game, try the offer from Down130 for their 6.5mm full suit - and no, I'm
not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer. I've used it to dive our local quarry (48F)
and in Monterey/Carmel (51-53F) - very pleased with warmth, construction, features, etc,
and great customer service from Mike.

Full review here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/283246-down130-6-5mm-wetsuit-review.html
Everyone I've spoken to, including a local dive shop owner who carries 5 brands, loves these suits.

I have a very specific interest in the hyperstretch. In March of this year I broke my forearm in 3 places and shattered my elbow. So I am all titanium and while doing rigorous therapy (physio, massage, OT), I still have limited range of motion and reduced right arm strength. Is the Down 130 super easy to don? Thanks for your suggestion.

Of the various 1 and 2 piece suits I've worn, I find getting in and out of the Down130 the easiest.
The arms and legs have zippers and inner seals, the multi-panel construction seems to lend more
flexibility than many suits without going to a "hyper-stretch" material, the quality is top notch,
and as a full suit I find it as warm with just and UnderArmor Cold Gear top underneath as my LDS
2 piece 7's.

My wife also dives one, and its really the first wetsuit she gets into easily and she finds it far
more flexible (and thus less "claustrophobic") than wearing the farmer john/jacket style. She
also finds the fit keeps her warmer than the 2 piece setup, and she chills easily.

Contact Mike at Down130 and talk to him directly. He may even be willing to let you try it
out and return it if it doesn't work for you - can't promise anything but I found him very easy
to work with.

Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom