Henderson Wet or Semi-Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weinerr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to the Galapagos mid-December and need a new suit. I had settled on the Henderson H2 Titanium Men's 7mm, but was giving the Henderson Thermoprene 8/7mm Semi-Dry one last thought. My question, does the semi-dry really keep you warmer? Just want opinions on the suits performance not the price differences. Any pros/cons? A dry suit is not an option.

Thanks//Russ

Going to the Galapagos mid-December and need a new suit. I had settled on the Henderson H2 Titanium Men's 7mm, but was giving the Henderson Thermoprene 8/7mm Semi-Dry one last thought. My question, does the semi-dry really keep you warmer? Just want opinions on the suits performance not the price differences. Any pros/cons? A dry suit is not an option.

Thanks//Russ

I own the Henderson Thermoprene 8/7mm Semi-Dry and bought it specifically for Galapagos when I went this past July. I've dived in 7mm farmer johns before but never a one piece wetsuit 7mm. I definitely felt pretty warm on those dives (comfortably so). I don't know if I can directly compare them for you as I don't have direct comparisons. The semi-dry is wet though (as I'm sure you're aware). It was interesting though due to the nature of the suit I would occasionally not get wet for about 5 minutes into the dive. I would also occasionally experience suit squeeze as you would in a drysuit (which can easily be resolved by popping the seal and letting a little water in). I felt like it definitely reduced the water flow through the suit more than the other suits I've worn and I am very happy I had it with me.

Neither...go with XCEL - Polar Quad Density 8/7/6/5mm with the integrated hoodl!!!

PS. Thank me later when you nice and warm :)

Checkout the Waterproof line of suits. The 5mm or 7mm. I have the 5mm W1 and it's the best suit I've had on. As warm as my old 7/6/5mm and as mobile as my 3mm.

I Have a waterproof semi dry. I went diving with my buddy who had a bare 7mm the water temp was 55f on our second dive my buddy who is close in size and build started to shiver and need to come up due to the cold. I didnt notice the cold unless i let water in. If you want to stay warm i would go with a semi dry

Back
Top Bottom