Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch H2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mheaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I currently have a 7/5mm combination Henderson Hyperstretch and LOVE it! It is getting pretty ripped and worn. I am interested in new Henderson Hyperstretch wetsuit.

Do/Will Henderson bring out a 7/5mm combination H2 Hyperstretch? I find it the PERFECT all weather suit for me without layering and changing my buoyancy characteristics dive to dive.

Why doesn't Henderson have a forum on here? I think I will call them and ask them why/ I encourage you all to also contact them and ask the same thing.

What is the durability of the Hendersen Hyperstretch suit (how many dives before showing wear/tears)? Is it more prone to wear and tear than the standard neoprene? I am considering purchasing one and for the price difference would like it to hold up through many many dives.

I have had mine for 3.5 years and have about 250 - 275 dives on it?

My issues are related to ripped knees but those orginated when I was diving/crawling/tumbling along the rockbed bottom (Strong Current) Cooper River, SC looking for Shark's Teeth/Fossils. I should have used an older suit but . . . .

I have no complaints about the suit because of it absolute comfort! It CHANGED diving for me! This is why I am going to buy another but will try the H2 if they say it is all the more comfortable!

Last edited:
Wow- great. I've read the hyperstretch is not as warm as a standard neoprene. Did you experience this? and if so how significant is it? I'd like to get a 5mm full suit but would you recommend a 7mm in hyperstretch then?

Here's a video from Dema on the new H2 .....

Scuba Diving Magazine - The story behind Henderson's new H2 wetsuit technology

I have had my current 3 mil full Henderson Hyperstrech for 6 years, 200+ dives and it's in great condition - nearly perfect - except for some surface pilling from Velcro sticking to it. (seems they've fixed this on the new H2.) As for customer service, I once had the stitching on a seam unravel, and Henderson restitched it for free, no problem.

Can't really comment on the warmth versus a standard neoprene, as I've only ever used the Hyperstrech. When I initially went to buy a wetsuit, the comfort difference between the HH and the other suits I tried was so amazing, that there was no considering any other wetsuit. When it came time to get a shorty, I didn't even look at anything else - it was Hyperstretch for me. When & if the current one wear out, I'll likely be looking at the new H2 .. but I think the old one still had quite a few dives left in it!

Wow- great. I've read the hyperstretch is not as warm as a standard neoprene. Did you experience this? and if so how significant is it? I'd like to get a 5mm full suit but would you recommend a 7mm in hyperstretch then?

This sort of my dilemma right now:

I first bought this combo 7/5mm suit on a lark (mail order) and found it SO comfortable I thought I need a 3 mm just like it! I ordered it too.

I however later discovered I rarely dive the 3 mm mainly because the 7/5 is so comfortable I wear it for everything. in summer when water temps are high 70's in shallow areas of my local quarry and I am working with student it is not too hot and when I decide to go deeper and venture down in the 58 degree bottom it is warm enough (hood).

It is perfect!

I like always wearing same suit almost for EVERY dive, fresh/salt. I know my weight requirements for any circumstance.

If they don't make a 7/5, I am ordering the 7mm. I am assuming it is as comfortable.

Video answered my question - NOT making 7/5
They said 7 is comfortable enough to wear even on arms and legs!
I am ordering a 7mm ASAP!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom