Henderson Neosport... not impressed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
OK so last January I had to retire my last wetsuit... or move to the Philippines. Yes, I made the wrong decision and bought a new 7mm wetsuit. The Henderson Neosport was in my price range and I figured "Well, it's a Henderson."

Well, it will undoubtedly be my last Henderson... or at least my last Neosport.

I've only done 30 dives in the wetsuit since January (yes, I know... I'm not getting wet like I used to... have to actually edit some years). It is already splitting at the knee pads and exhibiting holes. 30 freaking dives. Heck, the Tilos wetsuit two suits ago lasted me 650 dives before it finally had to be retired. I'm not sure this Neosport will even reach 100.

Wondering if this is abnormal or if others have had the same experience with the Henderson Neosports?

I think I'll see if Tilos will be one of my sponsors... they have been the best wetsuits I've purchased in the last decade.

Mine was a total piece of crap too. I sent it back after less than 10 dives. The rubber was crushed and the entire suit was wrinkled. More than one seam had thread runs too. Very poor quality. Worst suit I've owned in over 30 years!

Guess I've been lucky.

I have 2 Neo-Sports and they've given me excellent service.

the K

I only have about 50 dives on my Neo 7mm FJ/Jacket but it looks good as new. Those were mostly single tank dives so plenty of off/on, wet/dry, pack/unpack cycles anyway.

Sorry guys but they are entry level suits.

Yeah, but at $75 a suit and 4 to 5 years use . . . . . . ????

I wont buy another. I paid just over $400 for my Henderson and had the same thing happen. Plus it was Piling all over the suit. It was only one year old. The same with my AquaLung AquaFlex.

Both my wife and I use Neosport suits. We each have 3/2s and 1.5s full. About 100 dives later and still holding together well. No splits, holes, crushed neo. Perhaps it's the thicker suits that show problems sooner. Takes more effort (pulling) getting them on and off.

I have a 3/2mm neosport but only use it in those in between temps that I don't dive very often. Fit in the lower arms and legs is poor but I was naot looking for much warmth. It is clearly a cheaper class of suit even if it's first name is Henderson.

Both my wife and I use Neosport suits. We each have 3/2s and 1.5s full. About 100 dives later and still holding together well. No splits, holes, crushed neo. Perhaps it's the thicker suits that show problems sooner. Takes more effort (pulling) getting them on and off.

I was gonna tell dr.Bill to stop whining, come on 650 dives on one suit.:shocked:
Now I have to question dr.bill's skills :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom