Henderson Microprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtsidford:
Do you dive with a hooded wetsuit? If not I suggest your next one have an attached hood as they are warmer. A microprene hood under your regular hood is a way to go or try the cold water cap, both good ways of extending your dive season. Hope to see you out there. Sid

Well now I'm eyeing the xcel xpedition .5mil to put under my 7mil scubapro full wetsuit. It does not have the attached hood so I am also probably going to purchase the Bare 7mm Arctic Vest with attached hood to put on over my wetsuit. I dont think I have room to fit a vest under my wetsuit, so I think the Bare will work. I've been in the water at 45F with just my 7mil and it was fine for more than a half hour, so I'm hoping these additions will help me get wet through the winter. I do not want a dry suit just yet....:wink:

Oh, and I may be getting the ice cap and dry gloves too.

John

A lycra skin will not add warmth to a wetsuit. Any thin neoprene suit will make it warmer, but having multiple layers will also increase friction and decrease ease of movement, most importantly at the elbows, knees and across the chest.

My Henderson suits have held up well, but I expect them to wear out after 3 or 4 years. Really durable suits, like those I've owned previously, are not flexible enough for my needs.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom