Henderson Hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watergal

Reaction score
Anyone dove Henderson hyperstretch hood or gloves and got anything negative to say about the stuff? I am particularly intersted in the thicker ones.

Thanks,

Glad you asked that question. I have one of the hoods and it's unbelievably comfortable. I didn't notice any difference in the warmth of it vs my other hood, but I wasn't really paying much attention to that. But believe me, I did notice the comfort difference.

Yesterday, the wife and I decided to take a stroll down to the LDS and do little Xmas shopping! I decided to try one of hyperstretch suits on, big mistake. It is absolutely the most comfortable suit I have ever donned, bar none. It hugs every curve, and I have lots of them :), like it was poured on. I was so amazed with it, that I brought it home with me. I was interested in a 3mm full suit, but he didn't have one in stock, so I ended up with a 5mm. The amazing thing is that it's 10 times as comfortable as my custom 3mm Liquid Fit suit.

However, I do have a few doubts about it being as warm as my 3mm Liquid Fit, even though the Hyperstretch is a 5mm. The reason I think this is because it doesn't make me sweat like my Liquid fit does while wearing it on dry land at room temperature. But maybe that isn't a fair comparision because the Liquid Fit suit is an exceptionally warm suit. You'd also think that such stretchy neoprene wouldn't hold up as well under compression.

I haven't had a chance to dive the Hyperstretch yet, but will in just over a week from now.

I have a 7 mil Henderson hood that is more comfortable than the 2.5 mil hood on my ScubaPro hooded vest.

I had a hard time deciding between the Henderson 7/5 Hyperstrech and the Henderson 7/5 Goldcore. I went with the Goldcore because I dive when I'm on business trips and I wanted a wetsuit that drys quickly. The inside of the Goldcore drys during a surface interval, so It's like putting on a fresh wetsuit.

My wife has a 7/5 Hyperstrech and loves it. It's easier to get on than the Goldcore as well.

Originally posted by buff
Just don't even bother with a thick wet suit-get a dry suit-they're great.

I like drysuits too, buff, but given a choice, temps permitting, I'd dive wet every time over dry. Too much trouble and too much drag.

I can't coment on the Hyperstretch but Henderson makes great suits, gloves and hoods. I have used them for a while and love them. I have a pair of Henderson Octo boots and they are bullet proof and very comfortable. I have friends that have other brands and none of them last as long as the Hendersons.

Scott

I have not been able to find anything bad to say about the hyperstrech suits or hoods. I have been able to dive the hyperstrech 7/5 in < 50 degree water and was very confortable. I also have never found a more confortable suit. The second I tried it on I bought it.

I forget which issue of Scuba Diving the article was, and this isn't an exact quote, but I remember it saying that soft stretchy neoprene such as Henderson uses isn't quite as warm because it isn't as dense.

However the fact that it fits so closely means that there are less places to act as a "water pump" and make you cold...

I personally like the Henderson Gold Core and haven't been cold by any means in it.

I heard that the Hyperstrech outer material... is prone to wear.
It is SUPER sensitive to things like velcro etc..

Anyone have "wear" problems with their Hyperstrech? How are they holding up?

And are they as warm as other 7mm cold water wetsuits?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom