Henderson Hyperstretch for female in cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Got a question for the ladies (or knowledgeable gents) - after an unpleasant rental wetsuit experience on the weekend for my fiancee, we are looking into a Henderson Hyperstretch, probably tailored for her height (5'). We haven't spoken to a dealer yet, but we would like a suit that could be used from 50 to 75F - this will allow her to use the suit both in California year round, and Florida in the cooler months. Would the 7/5mm jumpsuit, and 5/3mm hooded vest be a good choice for someone that feels the cold easily? A 5mm jumpsuit with the vest would be more flexible, but we are worried that it might be too cold for use in Monterey. We are also looking into a core warmer and seperate hood instead of the hooded vest.

Suggestions?

My wife has the hyperstretch 5mil full, 3mil core warmer, and 5mil hood and has dove in 52 degree water. She didn't call the dive but pointedly told me she wanted the 7/5 and her core warmer with a 7mil hood before she would do it again.

There goes the checkbook again.:wink:

I dive the Hyperstretch Jumpsuit (7/5) with a 7 hooded vest in Monterey and have been warm in 53 deg. F water. I've only dived it a few times (six, to be exact) so far, since the purchase.

That being said, my arms have gotten just a tad chilly towards the end of the dive day....

Good luck!

Sean

My wife dives with a 7/5 hyper with a 3/2 seaquest underneath (as well as a bibbed hood 3/5). The hyper is so forgiving that she is able to layer the two suits without a problem. We have made several dives in 50-55 water without a problem. She stays toasty warm (except for her frozen toes....) :)

....but I use the 7/5 hooded jumpsuit + core warmer when needed. 7/5 in 55f+ and the core warmer is added when temps are colder than the 55F. I have been in this getup at 37-38F and body was warm and the hands cold.......

Butch103 once bubbled...
....but I use the 7/5 hooded jumpsuit + core warmer when needed. 7/5 in 55f+ and the core warmer is added when temps are colder than the 55F. I have been in this getup at 37-38F and body was warm and the hands cold.......
They make a hooded jumpsuit in hyperstretch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom