Henderson Hyperstrech- Aquasuede vs. regular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

litoria

Registered
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the difference between the aquasuede and the regular hyperstretch? I actually like the look of the regular, but if there is an advantage to the aquasuede, I will get it. Thanks!

The aquaseude has a faster drying font panel and the material resists pilling. I think they are better looking than the regular women's Hyperstretch suits which tend to make women look a bit chubby around the middle unless you are thin.

All that I can tell you is that I love my Hyperstretch! It's like putting on a comfy pair of sweats. But alas,..it pills like crazy. Every time velcro touches it, fabric is pulled up. Hasn't bothered me much since the first few dives. (Ticked me off to no end when it was new) Diving's not a fashion statement to me anyways!

Good Luck!

~Steve~

The Aquasuede panel isn't stretchy at all, so that suit doesn't stretch as much in the upper body as the Hyperstretch. When I tried both on, I chose the Hyperstretch since the chest and upper body was where I wanted the comfort most. Try them both and decide.

Good to know DiveMaven. I am researching this for my wife, thus the the chest panel is important. I am also looking at the Pinnacle Elastinprene. Anyone know anything about this suit?

The Aquauede doesn't stretch like the Hyperstretch as stated above. It's mainly to keep Velcro from tearing up the Hyperstretch material. If you're careful and don't leave your Velcro hanging around it won't be a problem. Also, it doesn't really do anything to the Hyperstretch but cause pilling and fuzzing, which is annoying but doesn't change the fit. They are great suits and very comfortable. Fitting women was very difficult short of using custom suits before the Hyperstretch came along. It's been a godsend for people of "alternate dimensions"!

We've continually try different brands of wetsuits but over the past 21 years, it's Henderson that stands up and provides the fit, comfort and performance. We even use them in our rental line. We still carry multiple wetsuits from different vendors.

Britt
CrazyScuba.com :fish:

CrazyScuba:
The Aquauede doesn't stretch like the Hyperstretch as stated above.

It does stretch in every place except the front panel. The Instradry is the one that doesn't stretch much and is my least favorite suit because of the rubbery feel to it. I personally find the Aquaseude better looking. I own an Aquasuede, Hyperstretch and an Instadry.

I dive the Hyperstretch and love it. I keep my velcro in check as much as possible, why pay extra for Aquasuede and decrease the flexibility in my chest/shoulders if I don't have to? It looks okay, but looks aren't number 1 in scuba, bottomtime and breathing are!

Hope you find a suit that fits and keeps you warm, that's the most important part!
C U underwater,
scubadivadivemaster

ScubaDivaDivemaster:
why pay extra for Aquasuede and decrease the flexibility in my chest/shoulders if I don't have to?

The price difference is $13.00. It's only the chest panel which repels water that isn't super stretchy. A lot of high-end suits like Scubapro and Xcel have the chest panel. Have you dived the Aquaseude?

Back
Top Bottom