Henderson H2 pilling/fraying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
So I purchased an H2 hood last week. I've been on 2 quarry dives and 1 part of the hood is already fraying/pilling. I'm pretty sure I read that their new H2 stuff isn't suppose to be doing this. Any ideas before I call Henderson.

In a case like this I wouldn't advocate trying any DIY fix-up techniques; you wouldn't want to void the warranty (I don't know if it would, but why chance it?). Give Henderson a call, it sounds like a manufacturing defect to me.

Jason

I called Henderson and they said they have not heard of any issues of fraying yet (I don't really believe that) but to contact my dive shop. I guess I'll swing over there tomorrow. The issue looks like where there is a crease on the hood from (possible folding while shipping/storage).

Stopped by the dive shop, they exchanged the hood for a new one and said they were sending it back and that shouldn't be happening on the H2 stuff.

Back
Top Bottom