henderson goldcore 7/5 vs pinnacle polar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corigan:
I thought I would chime in on this thread as it all seems to be going to one side.

I have never worn a goldcore suit. I use a goldcore hood and boots, and love them. They dry quick like stated above, and I haven't had to pamper them in any way. I'm rather rough on suits. I'm sure the goldcore suit is as fantastic as their hoods/boots. I know I wouldn't have an issue owning one.

Now on the other hand, I dive in a pinnacle polar. I got this suit used (only twice) and got an awesome deal on it from an LDS owner. I have about 20-30 dives on it and can tell it's a quality suit. It looks just like it does when I got it. Great heavy duty stiching and flexible as can be. I'm 5'11 250lb's and can bend my knee to my chest and hold it, reach my valves, and have no problems with restriction. I have dove the suit down in 43F water and been ok for an hr or so in it. In 50-60F water it is cozy as can be. There has been great debates over the benefits on the merino wool. I'm not going to get into that, since it has been discussed at great lengths on other threads. One thing I do know, the wool is comfy. It slips on easy, and isn't scratchy and quite soft. It also dries extremely quick. The seals do a great job of keeping the water transfer down. Putting on this suit by yourself is impossible though, so it wouldn't be good if you plan on solo diving in it. You can see me in my suit (scary thought) in my profile after a 45F/hr long dive. Pinnacle is definately a new guy on the block, but I have noticed they are catching on. I've seen quite a few people in Northern florida in pinnacle suits lately and have all asked them what they thought of there suits. I have not heard one complaint from anyone that uses the suits. Many people have been coming up to me lately and asking me about the polar and what I think of it. They are definately gaining some interest in the industry. I say as well as they should, great suits.

On a side note, I believe pinnacle has released/is releasing a new model that looks even better than the polar.

Matt

thx for the recommendation. my LDS had this same comment and i am concerned about the ease of gettin it on/off as i have a little arthritis and am not as flexible as i used to be :> henderson would seem to have the advantage on this point. although i have seen some posts saying it was easy to get on/off. maybe they were referring to another model.

i must say that this is my first post and i am impressed by the level of helpfullness. i have been out of my favorite past time for the last few years and much of my equipment is 15-20 yrs old so this website has been tremendous in helping me get back up to speed on the latest and greatest.

micquinn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom