Henderson Gold Core OR Pinnacle w/Merlino

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sparg93

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Both 7mm wetsuits are supposed to offer incredible cold water protection...unfortunately I dont have the opportunity to try either in the water, but I have tried both on land and they fit quite well.

So....what does everyone think of these?? Benefits one might have over another?

Temps you have had yours down to w/o discomfort?

My plan is to used this for my NorthEast diving.

Thanks!!

I would go with the merino lining, ive used both and when it comes to warmth they are both great, however the gold core tends to stick to the skin and can become extremely uncomfortable to take off. Then when the gold core is wet it is really hard to put on. The only thing that i go with the goldcore for are some gloves that are extremely warm, or if i want to add an extra hooded vest for more warmth. The merino is extremely warm as well, plus it is also pretty easy to take on and off, ive used my 5mm merino elastiprene at about 50 degrees, i was also wearing two hooded vests at the time but the suit was still pretty warm. IMO go with the Pinnacle they make some really great suits and when it comes to detail they look like they pay extreme attention when they are making the suits.

I had a gold core, it was great, that is until I tried a Merino lined Pinnacle. Just go with the Pinnacle

Pinnacle makes a really nice product!

I know nothing of the merino pinnacle but I use the 7/5 gold core. I wear a dive skin so I don't have any on/off issues.

I have a 7mm ME Pinnacle and have had it down to around 42* and was comfortable for short dives... I wish I had a 7mm Pinnacle hood but I just have a Hyperstretch one.

I've been diving the Henderson gold core for 10+ years in California. It goes on fine wet or dry. The gold core side also dries out pretty completely over a 45-60m SI. Over night the suit is bone dry.

I really won't buy anything else for diving wet and wish they made something for surfing.

i have a 3mm merino lined full body, it is awesome. I use it for caribbean diving, but still it is a great product. Price wise you are getting more when you buy pinnacle you are getting more for your money, and it is much cheaper, even if you buy online. also look at the scubapro semidry suit, I see it a lot at Dutch springs and 95% of those who have one give it a thumbs up. For northeast diving I would probably go dry. look at dui

Back
Top Bottom