Henderson Gold Core or Aqua Suede Shorty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn V

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a shorty wetsuit and have narrowed my choices down to these two suits (brand offered by my LDS). Has anyone worn both and can you comment on which one you preferred? From what I've read, they both appear to have stretchy material (the Aqua Suede Hyperstretch will stretch more) so they should fit well. Any comments on the two suits? Warmth, durability, etc. Thanks

Sure will do that the gold core will be warmer and not stretch as easy and easier to get on in my book also dries quickly,
advantages of hyper stretch or aquaswade is stretches allot , after wear both I would go the gold core but this depends on the diver if you have problems or sudden weight gains then other way better .

Problem with the Gold Core is that it can only be single bind stitched. If you are rough on a suit, that could lead to seam separation. From what I've heard from other divers, Henderson will not stand behind that if it happens. The Hyperstretch material will be a more comfortable suit, but not as warm........What are they giving you the best price on??????
Happy shopping

saltwater taffy:
Problem with the Gold Core is that it can only be single bind stitched. If you are rough on a suit, that could lead to seam separation.
Haven't tried the suits yet, but have my second hood. When dry they're easier to don and seal so well that I have to let water in to ease equalizing.
The downside is that the gold coating isn't near as tough as other materials. i tore into it the first time my nails weren't tightly clipped.

Having said that, I'd chose the suit according to the diving. Since you're asking for a shorty I asume a 3mm. Here the stretch should be much of an issue and the Gold Core do just fine.

If you want it for the once a year 10-15 dive tropics vacation or the occasional pool session when taking a new class I'd go with the Gold Core.
If you're instructor or otherwise dive it all the time I'd go with a sturdier nylon material. Don't know the AquaSuede (read about it but haven't seen it yet), so I'm not sure how well it's made.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom