Henderson 7mm Gold Core John and Jacket? any advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronanm98

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to know if anybody has this wetsuit and their thoughts or if anyone knows something, feel free to offer any advice.

Cheers Ro.

7mm Gold Core 1 piece full suit and Core Warmer Combo. The reason being. I can use just the 1 piece when the water is a little warmer. With the John/ Jacket, the pieces aren't much good individually. As for the 7mm Gold Core, I have about 30 dives in mine. I dive in Northern Illinois, including Lake Michigan, and it has worked great and been warm so far for summer diving.

Julie

(and best friend) has the Henderson Gold Core 2 piece 7 mm wetsuit and he absolutely loves it. He swears that it is the best thing ever. He says that the lining makes it is real easy to put on, and it keeps him plenty warm. So far we haven't dove colder than 47 degrees, but he has never had a problem with the cold.

After he raved so much about the Gold Core, I replaced my Mares gloces with the Henderson Gold Core 5mm gloves, and they are easier to put on and to take off.

PS: the Henderson hood has a nice feature; a "valve" (for lack of a better word) that allows air to escape the hood, but not allow water to enter. I used one before I bought my custom suit and it worked very well.

My dos centavos, but only because you asked.

Wristshot

I have to agree with everyone so far. I bought the gold core 1 piece and core warmer in lieu of the farmer john setup due to its versatility separate as well as together. More or less gives you three wetsuits in one and when it gets really cold I purchased the 5/3 vest hood combo.
Good luck with your purchase!

I just bought the 7mm john & jacket and I am really impressed with it. I was super warm last weekend in Monterey, while my buddy was a bit cold in his dry suit!

Back
Top Bottom