Henderson 5mm Thermoprene Wetsuit Jacket Review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katdb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone!

I have been researching wetsuits for my upcoming cruises in December - Grand Caymen, Cozumel, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. I'm a 5'5", 118lbs female and I get cold fairly easily (my lips turned blue during my 2nd dive in Bermuda in May in a 2mm shorty). I am thinking that a 5mm would be ideal.

I currently have a 7mm henderson hyperstrech full suit & 7mm corewarmer for diving in Canada and I love how it fits. I have been looking at the Henderson 5mm Thermoprene Wetsuit Jacket but can't find any reviews. If anyone here has one, how did you like it?

I also noticed that Henderson makes a regular neoprene (vs the thermoprene) and their neosport division makes a similar wetsuit. Any experience you might have with these would be great.

Thanks so much for any help you can give!
Katdb

As a small woman you probably do get cold easier than some people, but I wouldn't overdo it. Bermuda is NOT tropical and the water would not have warmed up much by May - probably low-mid 70s. I'd probably have been cold in a 2mm shorty too and I don't get cold easily - I pretty much always wear a 1mm fullsuit in the Caribbean. Cayman is tropical and the water temp doesn't vary as much, and should be in the low 80s which is a big difference.

I would consider getting a 3mm fullsuit if I were you. A fullsuit provides protection from sun, stinging critters, ladders, etc. and is a versatile suit that many people use for tropical diving. And maybe layer a vest or shorty over it if it turns out you really need more. If that 2mm shorty you used is yours rather than one you rented, use that as your extra layer. As far as a 5mm jacket only, I can't see having all that neoprene on your arms and leaving your legs unprotected - might cause a slight nuisance with your trim as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom