Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jupitermermaid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm trying to take landscape pics with my SeaLife DC800. However, when I turn the camera on, I get a "Protected Card" message. I tried to "unprotect" it following the directions in the manual, but the "Protect" menu is grey and won't take me to the "unprotect" area. Anyone able to give me instructions on how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Pull the SD card out and make sure that the little slider bar is all the way open. If the slider bar is missing or up some, it will read as the card being protected.

Arrrrggggghhhhh! Now I'm able to take pics, but can't download them into the computer! I plug in the USB cable to my laptop and camera, turn the camera on, but there's no "new device" notice to open it up to install. When I open "New devices" on "my computer" and "install camera or scanner," SeaLife is not an option. How do I download the pics?

Didn't your camera come with a CD? My DC100 and DC500 both came with software CD's that needed to be installed before you tried downloading to the computer. The Sea and Sea DX-1G I just picked up used also was very specific in advising the software be installed before attempting to connect the camera and computer.

Do you hear the USB connect (beep) when you plug it in? If so it may be showing up as a Removable Drive (letter): in your devices folder - not necessarily named Sealife.

It would help if we knew what Operating System you're using.

I never install the CDs. I just use Windows.

I think you need to check "My Computer" to see if any of the items listed are really your camera. Or you could use a card reader.

I use the now older Windows XP. If you open My Computer, then right click on the various drives shown here you should find the camera as one of those drives. You than then copy the files to your hard drive, or simply open and Explore the images on the camera.

This is what I do if I am on a laptop without the specific drives for that camera installed.

I installed the disc and spent most of last night deleting all the files and folders it transfered to manage pictures and documents already in the system. I still can't download any pics. Whenever I click on the Digital Camera Software CD it only lets me download other options, none of which is download pics from a camera. I tried using both a USB cable and using the card in my camera......neither will recognize a device or allow me to download new pictures. I have Windows XP, but didn't have a problem using other cameras prior to this. :idk:

I tried using both a USB cable and using the card in my camera...
I don't think you can ever move a card from one camera to another brand and read. Do you have a card reader? see USB 2.0 SD/SDHC/Micro SD Card Reader, Random Color If not, order couple for $3.34 including postage as they're handy to have in addition to the one you will get locally.

Can you hook up the camera to computer by USB cable, turn on, put on review, open My Computer, take a screen shot, and post it - and tell us what is in each icon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom