Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minion_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at purchasing my first wetsuit. I want a 5mm because of the areas that i will be diving in that will be enough for me. However i do not fit the normal sizes that wetsuits come in. I am 6'1" 160. I have talked to my local Dive Shop and they said that most companies will add extensions to it to make it fit properly with an extra cost. I was wondering should i continue to rent a wetsuit where ever i go and wait and get a custom on that fits me right, or try to find one now that is going to fit me a good as it can get from the company.

Have you looked at bare wetsuits? They have many more sizes than most wet suit companies and may be able to fit you in one of their stock suits.

According to BARE's size chart on scubatoys site you are a medium tall, with Pinnacle you are a med large or med large tall, Xcel shows med tall. Ask your LDS to look into these lines for you or if they won't the net is your friend.

I have talked to my LDS and they deal with Henderson more than anyone. I like going to them and talking to them and getting their opinion but i have found out that whenever i talk about equipment they try to over sell me, by trying to tell me that i need a piece of equipment that i may not have the experience level to use. Ive been trying to find other dive shops within 30-45mins of Morgantown, WV.

Henderson is also the wet suit line that I usually default to with customers. But if I have a difficult fit bare is the go to suit for me, based out of their larger range of off the shelf sizes.

Good luck in your search for local dive shops. I am not local to you, so can't help you there. If I can help with anything let me know. I feel confident you will find a stock suit to fit you. Have you asked your local shop if they can get any other brand of suits? I usually stock mostly Henderson, but get bare in when I need to. They may be able to do the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom