Help !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabear

Contributor
Reaction score
I was moving pictures from a recent T&C trip from 3 512mb CF cards into a file folder on my computer. I moved two cards before I realized some pics were overwriting others. Ones with same numbers on one card ( p1010043 ) would overwrite a pic. with same number from another card.

Is there any way to recover photos that have been overwritten, or am I in a permanet doghouse. Wife already advised me to keep my hands off her photo gear.
Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

I don't have any experience with this particular scenario, but you might try this link-
http://www.digitaldiver.net/affiliates/photo_rescue.php

What camera are you using? You should be able to change the file naming scheme in the menus to prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

scubabear:
I was moving pictures from a recent T&C trip from 3 512mb CF cards into a file folder on my computer. I moved two cards before I realized some pics were overwriting others. Ones with same numbers on one card ( p1010043 ) would overwrite a pic. with same number from another card.

Is there any way to recover photos that have been overwritten, or am I in a permanet doghouse. Wife already advised me to keep my hands off her photo gear.
Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Did you move them or did you copy them? If you copied and did not delete the originals your fine....if you really did move them, the dog has a new house guest. I never move pictures, I copy them and don't delete the original until I need the card for another trip. That way I have a back up if something is wrong. I also installed a second hard drive in my computer strickly for picture backup. I store a copy of the originals as well as any corrected photos on BOTH hard drives.....and back the originals up on DVD's as well. Any time windows opens a window and ask a question, it's a good idea to understand what it's asking.

Nothing is truly ever deleted or formatted; they are just left in the sector and overwritten in time do a Google search on “hard disk data recovery” use the trial version most will allow you to restore one file at a time. These programs will pull up every file that has ever been on your computer and tell you the status of them. These programs are made to restore formatted hard drives. And as for downloading any shareware or trial version make sure you have updated virus protection software before you start. This should work for you.

Good luck,
Derrick

Re-name the pics on the computer or move them to a differnt folder you don't want to over write the pics in there now with the ones you are restoring

Well, managed to redeem self. Found mention of this program in a thread, bought it and ran 3 CF cards that read clear through it. Not only restored pics I had moved from recent trip, but also from previous year. Worked great, not bad for $30 !!

Cool! Good to hear that the program worked for you...
and so there won't be a next time, please store your pics in separate files :D

Back
Top Bottom