Help with wing....OMS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willing to learn ...

Is the wing strapped down at the side or otherwise "anti-tacoed"?

How can you vent at low inflation percentages (like less than 1/3) without going significantly vertical to shift the bubbles to the outlet?

just the same as a i vent from a dedicated singles wing....i pitch slightly upward (50-60 degrees) and vent like normal.....im usually diving this wing in a drysuit, so i typically keep slightly feet down anyways.

I don't have a link. I'd have to scan the manual then post it. What's in it for me?

I just looked for the manual all I could find was the harness pages. If I come across, now I want to find it I'll post it.

OK got it! For your reading pleasure @grf88

thanks for posting that! i think im going to give that method a try.

just the same as a i vent from a dedicated singles wing....i pitch slightly upward (50-60 degrees) and vent like normal.....im usually diving this wing in a drysuit, so i typically keep slightly feet down anyways.
Less angle than I expected. - More than I'd be happy with in attempting to maintain good trim.

Certainly doable in open water. - Would be concerning to me in vertically constrained environments.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I don't have a link. I'd have to scan the manual then post it. What's in it for me?

I just looked for the manual all I could find was the harness pages. If I come across, now I want to find it I'll post it.

OK got it! For your reading pleasure @grf88
Thanks for finding that. I had not seen it before and it looks like a good option.

Thanks for finding that. I had not seen it before and it looks like a good option.

I couldn't find it online. That manual is 10 years old. They may have stopped publishing it. Just joking with the what's in it for me line.

I like it because it seems "cleaner" than the usual method, and it uses less bungees. I make the 4 bungees 2 on each side at the bottom tighter than the others to force more air towards the top of the wing.
The 1st year I used the wing I kept getting forced down head first during a surface swim. Tightening the 4 bungees at the bottom has seemed to alleviate that.

Back
Top Bottom