Help with wing lift calculation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spreadsheet from Post #16 tweaked for minor issues.
Retained air weight at 500 psi revised slightly
Instructional marginal notes added
Buoyancy calculator page locked (unlock with PW: scuba)

EDIT: error noted by @seeker242 corrected. Thanks!
Hey, do you have any instructions for this, first time fiddling around with this and im not great with excel. I guess im not clearly seeing where the final calculated wing lift i should have is...?

First, look at the bottom of your screen where you'll see "tabs" labeled Wing Calculator, Exposure Suit Buoyancy and Tank Specifications. Although we're working on a simpler version, you'll need to access each of those pages. Put your height, weight and wetsuit thickness in the gray cells in Exposure Suit Buoyancy. Go to the Tank Spec page and enter "1" in the grey cell next to the Tank you use.
Now go to the Wing Calculator page and in column F, again fill in appropriate info about the weight you carry.
Once you've done that, the lift you require (bcd or wing size) is located in cell C19, under Calculated Wing Requirements. This cell is the one that shows your worst case situation: a full tank, and at depth with your wetsuit most compressed.
Screenshot_20180707-155546_Sheets.jpg

PM me if you have further questions!
You have just proved why we needed a simpler version. It's coming! Thanks for your interest!

@rsingler

Edit: disregard, you had a hidden calculation in cell F14. :p

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom