Help with Who's,What's,How's, & Where's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
DH and I are planning a trip to Boracay, January 2009. We will be traveling with my Son and his wife and her Filipino family on a once in a lifetime family outing for Ati-Athihan. While on Boracay, which, is my son's Father-in-laws home, DH and I want to dive. We plan on 1 week of diving separate from the group and 1 to 1 1/2 weeks of visiting with the family and sightseeing. Since DH and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary, we are looking for a small personal dive op and quaint honeymoon type lodging for the week of diving. By the time we make it to this trip, I will have 100 +dives and DH around 80. Most of which have been in Cozumel. Depth to 125' and we also do love the shallows as DH likes photography. The expense limit for this trip is open, however, we do not need over the top accomodations either. We want to focus on great diving, (private or small group), great service and relaxing, romantic , personal accomodations. Any suggestions? Thanks, Sue

Fisheye Divers and stay in Bamboo Bungalows. The Bungalows are right next to the Mall but once you go through the entrance, it's "old Boracay" inside with grass, plants and wooden/bamboo, non airconditioned cottages. Fisheye is a small shop, owned and run by two guys with over 15 years on Boracay, and by January will have a brand new 70 foot bangka which is great for trips to Maniguin or even Apo Reef. I am a bit partial as the owners of both establishments are old friends, but they do run very nice operations.

i am sorry. 2008 or 2009?

rhadamantus:
i am sorry. 2008 or 2009?

The trip will be January 2009. So, we do have a bit of time to get it all together. But, with Ati-Atihan going on, I am guessing that sooner is better than later to get things set up and reserved. Also, just as an aside, with our experience, with a family this large and so much to do, we REALLY need to plan things out. Or, at least plan out the dive part of our trip. Our diving will be a bonus of the trip, but the main focus will actually spending time with our new family and experiencing the Phillipines and their original home as they know it. This part I hope will be go with the flow and just let them lead us. So, any suggestions are very welcomed. Thanks so far for the recommendations posted. Sue Sue

i second mandala spa. never tried it yet (too expensive for me) but it's been voted best resort for consecutive years.

I checked out Mandala Spa as well as the Bamboo Bungalows. I will say that both places look like they would work. DH and I have stayed and have been happy at top of the line places as well as very basic hotels. As long as it is clean and relaxing, it is good for us. I also looked at the Fisheye website and it too looks good. Any other suggestions ? Thanks, Sue Sue

Sue Sue:
I checked out Mandala Spa as well as the Bamboo Bungalows. I will say that both places look like they would work. DH and I have stayed and have been happy at top of the line places as well as very basic hotels. As long as it is clean and relaxing, it is good for us. I also looked at the Fisheye website and it too looks good. Any other suggestions ? Thanks, Sue Sue

last april, we stayed over at nigi nigi too resort. their dolphin room (second floor) overlooks the best land strip of white beach. the room is huge with a balcony.

dont limit yourselves to boracay. there are a lot more islands in the country where the diving is better.

jigo:
dont limit yourselves to boracay. there are a lot more islands in the country where the diving is better.

That's true. But, is Ati Atihan country wide or is that an Ilonggo thing? I was in Iloilo for 10 years and it's a big thing in the city and I know Kalibo also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom