Help with Reg ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
I need help to ID my Reg. My father bought it new then decided that he didn't want to dive (after his first time). I used it to replace my Seac ZX2000 due to local service support. I have been out of the water for a while and am going to get it serviced. The problem is I don't know what the second stage is. The First is a MR12DFC and has a Nikos Octo. Can any of you help me out? I love the way it breaths and has never failed me in the past.

photo.jpgphoto2.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:28 PM ----------

I forgot to say. It was purchased in like 1995-1997.

Hello Mullannix,

If no one here IDs that reg, you might try in the Mares forum. Greg Barlow or Zak O'Hara will know.
Mares... Just add Water!

MR12 III with Nikos octo.
The primary is the III.

Sweet, thanks. Are the parts still available for service? I know the mr12dfc is but not sure if the mr12 III parts are.

...oh, yeah. Fishpie will know too. ;-)

Can you still get parts for the mr12 iii second stage? Are they the same as other mares parts? If not, where can I buy just a mares second stage to replace it (equal or better mares)?

I believe I read on this board that Mares is no longer supporting the III but the existing seat in the reg is reversible which will give you another couple of years use.
I also see no reason one of the after market suppliers like Trident also wouldn't make a suitable seat.

.....the nearest equivalent Mares 2nd would be the Abyss.

Back
Top Bottom