Help!!! with picture retrieval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba41girl

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just went to the Caymans with my Canon G10 and took a ton of pictures. My bf was messsing with my camera and erased 3 days of photos without realizing it. Does anyone know how to get them back? Not only will you be saving my pictures, but also my relationship. If I dont retrieve this pictures, I will KILL him!

I looked through all of the manuals and couldn't find any info. Anyone have a clue?

First, turn off the camera and take the memory card out immediately. AFAIK, that camera (most if not all cameras) don't have undelete capability built in. Use another card until you can process the card separately.

Many memory cards, especially the higher-end ones, come with undelete software that runs on a PC and operates through a card reader. There's some available on the Internet, and many of the better or pro photo shops have the facilities as well. The key to maximizing the number of photos you can retrieve is not to corrupt the card any further.

And I hope your BF comes up with one heck of an apology.

I took the card out, but should I put it into my PC on my own or take it somewhere. I'n not great with computers and I have no clue how to try and retrieve.

The bf is making wide circles around me right now!

Go to this THIS WEBSITE and purchase PhotoRescue. Download it and install it on your computer then follow the directions and it will most likely retrieve all or most of your photos. I have used it with success.

If you are not comfortable doing it then get a friend with more computer knowledge to help you.

Don't mess with the camera card in any way other than with a retrieval program like PhotoRescue or a shop that can do it.

It worked!!! And only $30. Thanks so much Gilligan.

old_diver_camera_laptop2.png

Your welcome. Glad it worked for you.

Gilligan,
You do not have my permission to show my likeness to the whole world via the internet.

And you probably saved a life today..good work.

Glad you got your photos back.

Something worthwhile remembering is that when most storage devices (PCs, cameras etc) delete stuff they only delete the reference or index file for it thereby freeing up that space for something else to be recorded. So if you don't save anything else to the disk/card then you should be able to recover the original file.

Any good photo shop should be able to do this for you (most likely for far less than $30) there are also a number of free photo recovery programs around too. By the sounds of it though, your photos were worth more to you than $30 so it was a win win.

I have used this one, I think it is still free might now be a free trial I not sure.
http://www.artplus.hr/adapps/eng/dpr.htm

My boyfriend's life was definitely saved. I had a ton of pictures of stingrays. He was hitting buttons on the camera and he had no clue what he was doing. The pics were well worth the $30 but I will keep in mind the free site. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom