help with photo at mainit point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

was actually hoping for you to chime in Mike. knowing that mantas live in your front yard. thanks for the photo tip. i actually thought flash would be good for all shots underwater. no flash=no speckles?

no flash for anything further than 2 feet from your camera.... ( if you are using a point and shoot camera without external strobe....) it just lights up the crap between you and your subject and creates the snow you see in those pics...

for stuff further than two feet learn and utilize your manual WB function... a huge world of difference

the master has spoken :D

the only rays i've seen so far in anilao are those blue spotted ribbontails.

are the cudas still there at mainit? 1st dive out of OW i saw them there...one major factor that pushed me to do uw photography. it was just so cool to see cudas doing the circling thing

WOW......Mantas...ray...good shots

jonix:
the master has spoken :D

the only rays i've seen so far in anilao are those blue spotted ribbontails.

are the cudas still there at mainit? 1st dive out of OW i saw them there...one major factor that pushed me to do uw photography. it was just so cool to see cudas doing the circling thing

yes. from what i've seen, more often than not, there are cudas in mainit. big and small ones. also along the stretch from twin rocks to dead palm. big and small yellowfins.

Mike Veitch:
no flash for anything further than 2 feet from your camera.... ( if you are using a point and shoot camera without external strobe....) it just lights up the crap between you and your subject and creates the snow you see in those pics...

for stuff further than two feet learn and utilize your manual WB function... a huge world of difference

lazy me. i just set to forced flash and mostly take macro pics. but pns doesnt really do well with macro closer than 6 inches. problem is, sometimes i miss stuff like sharks if i tinker too long with camera settings. have to learn that WB part if i can find the manual. thank you master.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom